Windows 10 killing Nvidia hardware.

Repeat window s 10 is killing your video card if you have a Nvidia card, please just a reminder to check for latest driver support and role back to older drivers or go back to Windows 7.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/windows-10-is-killing-nvidia-graphics-cards-720443

It has happened to me and i am not happy about it. Going back to Windows 7 is the best option for you as of now and maybe in the later future to, if you have this hardware failure.

Sense Nvidia started to work with Microsoft things just went down hill.

Edited by SilentScope222

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope tried that, doesn't find everything, tried windows ten uninstaler couldn't find any of experience drivers.

I uninstalled all of the drivers and still can't find the drivers. Nvidia control panel is still there for graphic settings, can not remove it. It feels like a botched install of the latest drivers. A realllly bad onee.

I know what i am doing, the only thing to do is role back to 7, but that darn thing won't allow me to use f8. CCHHHHAAARRRRGGGGEEEE HA HA Ha, may have to wipe the drive, sadly. But all in all. :devil: :geek:

Edited by SilentScope222

That above does absolutely nothing. :devil: And i thought Windows 8 was bad.

10 is not making it easy to get rid of that botched install, its like a virus, it removed the f8 task manager. :geek: :wallbash: I have Windows 7 in rom image format on my other HD, just in case like this happens. Screw you Windows 10.

Edited by SilentScope222

backup all your data off the C:\ drive..roll back the system from that app, your PC's logs and user apps folders also need a separate backup...else where ,and when it asks you to boot into an OS, it WILL give you a choice, your older win7 system OR the upgrade windows 10..pick 7 and see how it turns out.

but please make that back up first..best choice is an external drive.

Stories to tell about the new hardware's Embedded OS trickery I could tell and show you are astounding. If any thing is not up to date on the required OS before installing w10's upgrade, all sorts of bad things happen.

Mine was w8.1 OEM version and I wiped the drive completely only to find out it would no longer boot from the recovery disc...Toshiba laptop.

5 hours later. ripped out the drive 500 gig..went to th store and got me a 2 terabyte drive, bought a brand new disc OEM from the Venders source, not a store but from Toshiba directly, installed 8.1 updated 8.1 installed steam updated that one tool, then rebooted. ISo of the upgrade I extracted directly to the C:\ drive and ran the upgrade from there...why? because this laptop will not allow any other system but 8.1 to boot from the optical drive, needless to say, it was quick and painless at that point..w10 also failed to update all drivers...but that tool found and updated a lot more than MS had on hand.

your choice was to go back to windows 7...currently meaning a complete wipe of that drive, but all your programs are still intact on that system, held there by that OS so you can roll back....you were given 90 days...after that, the roll back is automatically deleted provided you are activated.

any other scenario is your choice but this is the correct procedure to keep what you already have.

too many have I helped get back on track to count. for me? this is only temporary on a cheap laptop so I have all qualifiers here 64bit OS 10 for fallout 4's impending launch reloaded. once that all done, I am backing up my steam apps folder and putting it on my big windows 7 64 bit PC where I can do things..I shall not risk loss of data over any game.

I am here to help you . not compete with operating systems or choices.

that's my story.

kitty

Its not that, Windows 10 botched driver install. It can not be erased like you could using the uninstaller built into windows like in 7. They erased all possible way to fix that botched install.

Its a lot more complicated then a simple restore. I'm going the way of complete install of Windows 7. I can not trust anything from Winodws 10 at all right now. Call me in 2 years when things get cleared out. Or games start using dx12. It won't happen in my gpu's life time, two gtx780ti's.

Edited by SilentScope222

Its not that, Windows 10 botched driver install. It can not be erased like you could using the uninstaller built into windows like in 7. They erased all possible way to fix that botched install.

Its a lot more complicated then a simple restore. I'm going the way of complete install of Windows 7. I can not trust anything from Winodws 10 at all right now. Call me in 2 years when things get cleared out. Or games start using dx12. It won't happen in my gpu's life time, two gtx780ti's.

give (ME) some time to locate the program you require to remove and reset the rivers back.."get rid of the problem"

save you some time...maybe...

EDIT: I'll PM the link of that tool, it is trial ware but I know it works.

This I just bought to prove to you you can save your system.

http://s26.postimg.org/49nswfudl/real_deal.jpg

that is the before thing, this works on any OS any type. I even installed a bad program knowing out right I could not remove it with the windows installer program.

http://s26.postimg.org/62qpkrfk9/proof.jpg

the fix it baloney

results :

http://s26.postimg.org/y5eorvmo9/program_now_gone.jpg

Edited by Purr4me