Legend of Zelda Skyrim project official thread

duude98

The modpage for the project is here, and you can currently download a pre-alpha to walk around in what I have built up to this point. I would not recommend loading during normal play.

Before any of that though, I would like to humbly ask for people with experience in the following areas to assist me in bring the mod closer to fruition;

-environment detailing/decorating

-cell creation

-quests

-regional sound mixing

Though not as urgently needed, these areas would also be of much help;

-writing

-3d modeling

-texturing/uv mapping

-rigging

I do not need anyone to test for me at this time.

If anyone wishes to help they would have course get a say in the creative process. This is not any specific Hyrule, rather a mashing together of them all. Therefore if you want to help, and there's something from Zelda that you want to see in the mod I will work to add it. I also credit each individual contribution separately.

I am one person working on this in the creation kit. I know I am to blame for this, but I have indeed bit off a lot. I can chew it, but having a little support would do wonders for the project's completion time as well as my general mental state.

At this point the mod has locations in it from every canon Zelda game except most of the 2d ones. The map started as a fusion of Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but as I progressed I a) started noticing a lot of places on the map that were blank and b) wanted to include more and more things from the other games. The result is a map where you can travel from the Eastern Palace to Ordon Village to Gerudo Town, and everywhere in between.

Here is a view of east(should be south but I got the axis wrong when starting) Hyrule Field from Death Mountain.

Here is a view outside Kakariko Village.

Here's Ordon Village, as well as Ordon Spring

Twilight Princess' Kakariko Village

A view of the(intact!) Temple of Time

And finally, a picture of the quests I have added. That will show a more complete picture of the content currently in the mod, but the content planned has filled a notebook.

There is so much more I have not yet shown. I may show some more of it in the future, but I would rather keep the surprise as much as possible. Hyrule was made to explore, after all.

Hyrule is a large and lively place, with a long history that explains the state its in today. Its also a project I have poured my heart into for the past four years almost. From what I have shown I hope that much shows.

I wish I could give a release time-frame. Once again I ask, please, if there are modders out there who like the Legend of Zelda and have a bit of free time on their hands...your help would truly mean the world to me.

Its late, I'm not sure if I'm making sense anymore but this post is still more accurate and useful than before, so be it. Thanks for reading and being interested in this vaporware-esque mod.

Edited by duude98

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so quick update; I started making the roads around Hyrule Field. I should have that done either tonight or tomorrow, and from there I just need to pretty up the landscape, which I can hopefully get done by the end of the month, and then navmesh by mid December, and from there I can probably get it playtest ready before the year's end, if all goes well.

so which game are you basing this Zelda world off of?

A mixture of Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time. The overworld of Hyrule Field is Twilight Princess with a bit of liberty taken on size and shape of things, while the smaller areas (Kakariko Village, Zora's Domain, etc.) are from Ocarina of Time.

nice both have the best game worlds in my opinion.

i am currently making a scale model of the Forest Temple in Minecraft. i get bored like that, though i have to restart because the save got corrupted.

I can agree on that. While I think Twilight Princess had the better environments over all, Ocarina of Time did some areas better.

Anyway though, that Forest Temple project sounds really cool! I would like to see that if you ever decide to put it anywhere. Also, don't get discouraged by corruption, I had to restart my work on the field because the heightmap editor corrupted my first attempt.