Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

Thanks Grasmann,

May I ask where you're going with this list? Are you preping up a mod to fix the bugs or are you going to submit it to Bethesda?

Doesn't really matter does it?

Either way a big thread with all we can find combined is much more helpful than hundreds of small ones.

I bought a second level 2 general store and placed it into sanctuary and noticed that its inventory was identical to the first stores inventory. With some testing I confirmed the inventories were shared where buying from one reduced the inventory of the other.

That's odd. XD

So, there's no point in doing that. lol

Apart from wasting place maybe.

I added all the stuff.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grassman, is there a way to do early in game bugs, middle, and late game bugs, I ask this as I accidentally learned what not to do or to do (some ppl call it a spoiler for me i feel like i cheated as i knew what was needed if you understand my meaning) If not don't worry about it.

Hey Grassman, is there a way to do early in game bugs, middle, and late game bugs, I ask this as I accidentally learned what not to do or to do (some ppl call it a spoiler for me i feel like i cheated as i knew what was needed if you understand my meaning) If not don't worry about it.

What exactly is early, mid and late game when you can go where ever you want when ever you want? XD

What exactly is early, mid and late game when you can go where ever you want when ever you want? XD

i guess early would be sanct. Lexi, Concord, and USAF as they are the first things most ppl do. Mid. i dont know not there yet lol. I guess it would be more like areas idk. Don't worry about it. Hopefully Beth gets off her arse and pubs a patch soon.

I have a possible bug. I am playing the PS4 version, (please refrain from PC vs console crap)

Bartering. I know of the infinite caps exploit, but i dont want to use that, (dont like the idea of cheating). the problem i have is sometimes the amount it says i'm getting, i dont get the full amount, for example, i sold a few guns to Arturo in Diamond City, the whole transaction was gonna be 506 caps but i only get like 450ish, sometimes i get the full amount, sometimes not. I dont think it happened with Myrta in Diamond City. Is this happening to anyone else? is this a problem with all merchants or just some? it makes me hesitant to sell stuff because i never when i'm gonna get 'robbed'

Quest Bug:

Raiders Troubles at County Crossing.

After reporting you success to the settlers on clearing Reveres Beach station, You are required to talk to Preston Garvey. Except Preston shows no dialogue about the quest. Thus, you'll never finish it.

SPOILER ALERT

3. Old Guns
The quest is broken for many users and gets stuck on the part where a transmitter has to be activated.
By Templar648

highlight the line to view...

I think this is not a bug. Try to add an electric generator as the fort has no power.

sorry for the multiple submissions..

Edited by mkrbu50

SPOILER !!

The quest Institutionalized is bugged as well on certain condition : basically once you meet with "Father" and accept to work with him he tells you to go meet the different head directors of the Institute. All works fine except from Dr. Li.

2 possible thing can cause the quest to bug :

1/ this quest is tied with the "From Within" Brotherhood of Steel Quest that ask you to go convince Dr. Li to come back to work for the brotherhood again. It appears that if when speaking with Dr. Li for the first time, you immediately hand her over the evidence of the institute malpractice, you'll no longer be able to complete "Institutionalized" quest. The quest will be stuck there and you'll not be able to exit the institute.

2/ The bug can also be reproduced if you wear a power armor while talking to Dr. Li. She's supposed to upgrade your Pip Boy to be able to exit the Institute by teleportation, but the line of dialogue never appears.

Fixes:

Some reddit users reports that using the console command setstage mq207 15 worked but it didn't do anything for me.

Using completequest mq207 will finish the quest but you'll still get stuck in the institue without being able to exit and the next quest will not be unlocked.

You can kill someone randomly in the institute to unlock the "escape the institute" stage, but once you're out, you'll not be able to complete the BrotherHood quest "From Within" and get stuck with this chain.

I've also tried to disable / enable Dr. Li but she's stuck with the brotherhood dialog.

I've lost 10h of gameplay from this bug as I don't save often and mainly use Quicksave, so my last save before this quest stage is 10h back...

Paladin Danse Strange Morals - Approval Bug (Spoiler)

I left him in the BoS Airship bar/cantina instead of take him with me, using Cait as my companion. I went and stole an additional brotherhood suit, not the one you get for being knighted, he liked it when I equipped it :D. So I dumped that off at base, away from everyone as its a stolen armor that some object to entering or leaving.

Then I did it again, Mr Danse liked it again when I stole the next power armor. Really the trigger for his approval is getting in your new armor for the first time, it just seems attached to the stolen armor too! (So that's three suits and three likes) Its also odd that with careful timing I can get away with pinching entire suits of armor and walking right out of the door, pieces I could understand like any container, but do the BoS need glasses? :D

For anyone attempting this, you need to be hidden from behind the suits, and you need to time it so the animation has time to get you in, remaining hidden not detected, otherwise they all shoot. The frames then always remain 'stolen' wherever you park them, but the parts can be looted to become yours.

Edited by Markmid