Toggle aim and quick weapon button.

GSmog

Toggle aim shouldnt be too hard I think, I saw people mentioned some third party program that could accomplish it by changing the signals of the keyboard and mouse but I dont wanna have to use something like that for what should have been a basic option. Essentially dont have the ADS removed when you release the mouse button, and instead have it removed when its pressed again.

Other than that, is it possible to make a hotkey for certain buttons without needing to go into favorites first? Like 1234, or maybe hitting F for favorites instead of the current way of hitting F toggles the favorite menu. Its like, really, what the f***... why does favorites toggle but not aiming? One should hold F to choose from a list of favorites, and tap F to cycle through them~

Oh... and a fix for holding breath being tied to alt for litterally no good reason I can think of. Honestly I dont know what they were thinking, but wouldn't it be more natural to have it had been shift/sprint? Not like we need to sprint and aim down sights anyway right? >.>

Edited by GSmog

+1 for aim toggle. I'm used to having aim bound to the middle mouse and I personally need to be able to toggle to make it work for me.

Also you can already assign items to 0-9 keys by putting them in the corresponding slot in the favorites menu, thus bypassing the need to even bring up the favorites menu in-game.

+1 for aim toggle. I'm used to having aim bound to the middle mouse and I personally need to be able to toggle to make it work for me.

Also you can already assign items to 0-9 keys by putting them in the corresponding slot in the favorites menu, thus bypassing the need to even bring up the favorites menu in-game.

Wait, you can bind melee weapons and other such items to keys? Please explain how this works, dont leave me hanging like that~

yea like i said in my first post I know theres programs that do this I just wanted to avoid it if i could. I guess Ill try it out though.

The original post I saw that fixed it mentioned autohotkey I assume is newer than the glovepie thing, and it uses this instead

*RButton Up::
If (Toggle := !Toggle){
Send {Click Down Right}
}
Else{
Send {RButton up}
}
Return
Edited by GSmog

• 2 weeks later...
Meanwhile we are waiting for a propa mod, I modified an existing Autohotkey script slightly, so it will only work within the Fallout4 instance/windows (and not in your browser etc). to toggle your aim with clicking your right mouse.

Just copy this into an empty .txt file and load it with Autohotkey:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

#SingleInstance Force

#IfWinActive, Fallout4

Send {Click Down Right}

}

Else{

Send {RButton up}

}

Return

#IfWinActive

Edited by yoSRP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest HunterL1fe9

Meanwhile we are waiting for a propa mod, I modified an existing Autohotkey script slightly, so it will only work within the Fallout4 instance/windows (and not in your browser etc). to toggle your aim with clicking your right mouse.
Just copy this into an empty .txt file and load it with Autohotkey:
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
#SingleInstance Force
#IfWinActive, Fallout4
Send {Click Down Right}
}
Else{
Send {RButton up}
}
Return
#IfWinActive

Hello. Unfortunately this script doesn't work for me. My right mouse click suddenly started to malfunction in fallout 4 when aiming with right mouse. So i wanted to toggle the right hand click using autohotkey. I used your script but unfortunately it doesn't work. What could i do wrong? What am i missing?