Getting Codsworth to Recognize an Added Name

Axolotlus

Hi everyone! I'm currently attempting to mod Fallout 4 so that Codsworth is able to say my actual name instead of "Sir". I've gotten pretty far so far- I've managed to splice together some of his sound files to create a really convincing one, and I've installed it as a mod correctly, but for some reason it still doesn't work. Is there any way to make it so that Codsworth recognizes this modded in file? If we can get past this one final hurdle, there'll be hope for everyone out there whose name isn't on the list!

How did you code codsworth to say your name? Cause i want him to say Malte but there is only an Mal Please help.

Did you read the post at all? We haven't figured out how to do this yet, it's probably going to involve scripting which we can't exactly do without the right tools (which don't exist right now).

To elaborate, to create the sound files, I used Bethesda Archive Extractor to access the original files, Unfuzer to convert the extracted .fuz files to .wav files, Audacity to splice the .wav files, and Unfuzer again to convert the new .wav files to .fuz files. I then placed them in the directory \Fallout 4\Data\Sound\Voice\Fallout4.esm\RobotMrHandy\. (Note that the \Fallout4.esm\ directory is NOT actually a .esm file, but instead a normal folder.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...