Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

So after searching the internet high and low for a solution as to why I keep getting the warning from the nmm and being unable to activate my downloaded mods nmm just released an update fixing (kind of) this issue. Now when I go to activate a mod I get a new warning saying: Unable to retrive data from ini files, please report issue on the NMM forums. and then goes on to say I need to make changes to ini files wich I have already done. After the warning however, the mod does activate. So for those of you still getting the warning about not setting your ini, check for a NMM update; You may still get a warning but hey; at least you can mod Fallout 4

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've edited the ini files and installed a few mods but none of the mods are working. I've done everything right I've even deleted the game an reinstalled it again and still nothing.i can't find this problem anywhere else online. I also keep randomly having an issue of the game crashing as soon as i get to the main menus. this sometimes happens after i edit the ini files but not always. once it happens once it'll continue until i verify the files in steam but after i verify the files it's fixed but ini files are still the same as if i already edited them. if anyone can help me out that would be great. i was really hoping to be able to live stream some modded fallout gameplay by Friday. Edited by dormdude

In response to post #30999350. #31002655 is also a reply to the same post.

jmcm30 wrote: Installed everything properly, edited the .ini files, Launcher detects the mods' .esp and even shows them in the load order, game runs fine... but none of them work in-game at all. It just loads a completely vanilla game. Is this an issue with the new Profile thing in NMM?
dormdude wrote: Same here. I also can't find this issue anywhere online so i have no solution for it.

You need start game and when laucher is active, recheck mods in NMM(disable and then reenable esp files and then start game, works for me.

In response to post #30999350. #31002655, #31033200 are all replies on the same post.

jmcm30 wrote: Installed everything properly, edited the .ini files, Launcher detects the mods' .esp and even shows them in the load order, game runs fine... but none of them work in-game at all. It just loads a completely vanilla game. Is this an issue with the new Profile thing in NMM?
dormdude wrote: Same here. I also can't find this issue anywhere online so i have no solution for it.
hgrunt wrote: You need start game and when laucher is active, recheck mods in NMM(disable and then reenable esp files and then start game, works for me.

Well when i try that mods are still not working for me at all.

I deleted all of my FNV mods and completely deleted and re-downloaded nexus mod manager from the Fallout 4 webpage. When ever I try to click the .exe file it says that it stopped working and thats it. But i'll make a shortcut and it works idk. Also when I open it with the shortcut way, it does not detect Fallout 4.... I already made the edits to the files and I have double triple checked them. Help?

In response to post #31020130.

dormdude wrote: I've edited the ini files and installed a few mods but none of the mods are working. I've done everything right I've even deleted the game an reinstalled it again and still nothing.i can't find this problem anywhere else online. I also keep randomly having an issue of the game crashing as soon as i get to the main menus. this sometimes happens after i edit the ini files but not always. once it happens once it'll continue until i verify the files in steam but after i verify the files it's fixed but ini files are still the same as if i already edited them. if anyone can help me out that would be great. i was really hoping to be able to live stream some modded fallout gameplay by Friday.

Seriously no one has a fix for this yet?

If you have the latest Steam BETA update of FO4 - it disables mods on purpose. Beth doesn't want you to use mods with the beta because a beta is for testing purposes, and reporting a problem when you have mods installed for their beta test causes them problems in figuring out what the problem is. There is a fix on the Nexus that explains how to get mods to work with the beta patch. Or you can roll back to the version before the patch then reinstall your mods. :wallbash:

Here is the topic with the reason, and several suggestions on ways to get around the problem . http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3445290-mods-not-working-on-steam-beta-update/?hl=%2Bsteam+%2Bbeta&do=findComment&comment=31103375

for those who haven't found the instructions for using NMM with FO4 normally without the steam beta patch yet http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation :thumbsup:

In response to post #31020130. #31067325 is also a reply to the same post.

dormdude wrote: I've edited the ini files and installed a few mods but none of the mods are working. I've done everything right I've even deleted the game an reinstalled it again and still nothing.i can't find this problem anywhere else online. I also keep randomly having an issue of the game crashing as soon as i get to the main menus. this sometimes happens after i edit the ini files but not always. once it happens once it'll continue until i verify the files in steam but after i verify the files it's fixed but ini files are still the same as if i already edited them. if anyone can help me out that would be great. i was really hoping to be able to live stream some modded fallout gameplay by Friday.
dormdude wrote: Seriously no one has a fix for this yet?

Same here, none cares.

Went back to manual mode for now. Edited by infinityone