Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

I have had the .ini changed and working with manual mods for a few days now, but the mods I downloaded this morning through NMM won't enable/activate. I get the warning about the .ini. Am I missing something?

Anyways, thanks for being so quick about updating NMM for Fallout 4, much appreciated.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've done a fresh install of NMM for F4 and prior to installing it I had altered my ini and prefs.ini files for obvious reasons. I've set both of the files to read only so they don't revert when I launch the game.

However when I launch NMM it tells me that I should change the ini files back to not-read only, otherwise NMM can't manage them. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to lose my config settings but also don't want any problems with mods in the future if my ini files are left as read only.

Any way to make sure my config files don't revert but also make them not read only?

Edited by ehyoh

In response to post #30547605. #30550470 is also a reply to the same post.

Huynher wrote: I've installed the NMM. I've configured both .ini. When I install a texture using NMM, I don't see it take effect in game which is weird because I see the correct file in the correct folder. Any ideas? All the textures I've installed manually previously is still showing.
vervurax wrote: NMM works fine, the problem is that some mod authors don't care or don't know that they should pack the mods with proper path files. I just fixed two mods, zipped them, installed them manually in NMM and the textures showed up.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Anyone have any suggestions?

In response to post #30547605. #30550470, #30551435 are all replies on the same post.

Huynher wrote: I've installed the NMM. I've configured both .ini. When I install a texture using NMM, I don't see it take effect in game which is weird because I see the correct file in the correct folder. Any ideas? All the textures I've installed manually previously is still showing.
vervurax wrote: NMM works fine, the problem is that some mod authors don't care or don't know that they should pack the mods with proper path files. I just fixed two mods, zipped them, installed them manually in NMM and the textures showed up.
ukprakash wrote: Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Anyone have any suggestions?

Any suggestions on how we can achieve the same results? I've never had to do any of the stuff you said, so a walkthrough would be great if you don't mind :)

In response to post #30552465.

Majoraborn wrote: even after i managed my ini files, NMM still asks me to manage them. I'm sure i'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Have you added bEnableFileSelection=1 into the Fallout4Prefs.ini?