Melee-Centric Overhaul (possible now?)

EthicalLune

First off, I've never personally modded a Creation Engine game, so I'm not sure what is possible without the official tools.

So, I was thinking that it could be a whooole heap of fun to overhaul the game something like this:

-Guns and ammo are 'very' rare

-Guns deal close to realistic damage (melee damage stays about the same I think, seems fine)

-Most people use melee weapons, with the exception of perhaps higher ranking npcs, and they should have limited ammo if possible

Nothing too complex, yet, since the tools aren't out and what I wrote down already might be impossible for now anyways.

So uh, possible or am I going outta bounds with this tool-less idea? :ohmy:

This should be relatively easy with leveled lists, but the problem of guns lying all around the wasteland will persist until GECK/Creation Kit comes out. This would also be a huge undertaking, as you'd have to change the leveled list of every group within each faction in the game, along with individual characters who have preset guns on them (Like Preston Garvey who has his own special rifle). Think about all the synths, raiders, super mutants, brotherhood of steel, minutemen, etc. that would have to be stripped.

It is a good idea, and you might want to add it to the big list here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3375160-mods-that-everyone-wants-mega-list/ as a lot of modders are looking at this and you might get lucky!

Good luck!

Edited by TheScout201