1227 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962,673 posts
Lost Paladins of the Divines

This mod adds custom armor, weapons, a unique stallion, re-textured steel horse armor (if you have the official DLCHorseArmor mod), historical book with a map and 4 unique types of creatures that guard the legendary equipment. For more details, purchase and read the book called "Lost Paladin of the Divines."

Jerros

Jerros

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
Due to a complication in creating the OMOD-Ready archive, I have uploaded the OMOD version temporarily until I can prepare the OMOD-Ready archive to replace it.

Thanks,
Jerros

LHammonds

LHammonds

Ghost in da Machine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,316 posts
It is done.

EDIT: Answers to some frequently asked questions:

How do you remove the colored light (golden) effect which also affects other colored light spells?

If you feel comfortable using TESSnip, you could find the correct light folder tree, delete it and save the ESP plugin.

It is the 4th GRUP down and looks like this (once expanded):

GRUP -> MGEF -> EDID -> LGHT

If you find the correct branch, select the GRUP and press DELETE. Then save the ESP and you're good to go.

I don't like the enchantments. How can I fix this?

1. Use the replica armor which is non-enchanted which will allow you to create your own enchants.

2. Download and use the mod called Enchantment Removal (requires OBSE v0014+) which will allow you to remove the enchantments in-game.

3. Download and use the mod called Multiple Enchantments (requires OBSE v0014+) which will allow you to add more enchantments to the armor.

4. Wait for version 1.1 which will allow you to obtain the original armor either with upgraded enchantments or no enchantments at all.

5. Use the Construction Set to modify the enchants and save the plugin.

The crypt will not open and says I need to repent my infamy. How can I do this?

1. The official DLC called Knights of the Nine has a pilgrimage quest where you visit several shrines to remove all your infamy. This requires spending real money to purchase the expansion pack.

2. The player-created mod called Small Mods has a Pilgrimage quest that allows you to remove infamy just like in Knights of the Nine.

3. The player-created mod called Priests of Akatosh allows you to repent your infamy for a price. The more you have to repent, the higher the cost. The requires spending in-game septims but the mod is free since it is a custom fan-made mod.

4. The player-created mod called Amulets of Fame and Infamy allows you to temporarily cheat and remove your infamy while you wear the amulet.

5. Start a new character and be careful to avoid doing anything that earns infamy points.

6. Use a console cheat command to remove your infamy.

7. If you have a very low infamy count compared to your fame count, you might be able to open the crypt in version 1.1 when it is released due to the revised infamy check.

What's the difference between most mod types?
  • OMOD = Mod packaged specifically for use with Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) that allows for scripted installs and one double-click to install and one double-click to remove.
  • OMOD-Ready = An OMOD file that was converted to a normal archive but retains the data to re-create the OMOD exactly the way it was before. This gives players a choice to extract the archive manually or easily re-convert the archive back into an OMOD.
  • Normal Archive = An archive you have to extract and determine how best to install. Not all archives are created equal. Some can be simply extracted to Oblivion's Data folder while others must be extracted elsewhere and manipulated before it can be placed in Oblivion's Data folder.
  • ESP files = Some authors only upload the ESP plugin if that's the only file in the mod.
How will the new infamy check work in version 1.1?

PC Infamy Calculation Forumla

Keep in mind that this is holy armor and should not be wielded by evil characters...A holy paladin would never join a thieves or dark brotherhood guild.

You can earn around 200 fame points in standard Oblivion.
You can earn around 30 infamy points for completing the Thieves quests.
You can earn around 20 infamy points for completing the Dark Brotherhood quests. (assuming you don't use the cowl to make your identity)

Create a weighted system so that if I use the 75 to 25 ratio, I could check to see if the player is a member of an evil guild and multiply the number of infamy by a set amount.

The Weighted Formula

If Fame - [{(DB or Thieves member) x EvilGuildMultiplier x Infamy} + (Infamy x 4)] > 0 Then Allow Reward

Note: Cost of joining an evil guild is a multiplier of 4 during these examples.

Example #1
Scenario - Good player but had some accidents along the way. Fame 20, Infamy 4, Not a member of DB or Thieves.

Example #1 Formula Pass #1

If 20 - [{0 x 4 x 4} + (4 x 4)] > 0 Then Allow Reward

Example #1 Formula Pass #2

If 20 - [0 + 16] > 0 Then Allow Reward

Example #1 Formula Pass #3

If 20 - 16 > 0 Then Allow Reward

Example #1 Formula Pass #4

If 4 > 0 Then Allow Reward

Thus Example #1 gets the reward.

Example #2
Scenario - Player that joined an evil guild. Fame 20, Infamy 4, Member of Dark Brotherhood

Example #1 Formula Pass #1

If 20 - [{1 x 4 x 4} + (4 x 4)] > 0 Then Allow Reward

Example #1 Formula Pass #2

If 20 - [16 + 16] > 0 Then Allow Reward

Example #1 Formula Pass #3

If 20 - 32 > 0 Then Allow Reward

Example #1 Formula Pass #4

If -12 > 0 Then Allow Reward

Thus Example #2 does not get the reward.

LHammonds

Edited by LHammonds, 13 October 2008 - 10:20 PM.

FanMattai

FanMattai

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
looks pretty cool.
i'll check this out.

AydenOfAnvil

AydenOfAnvil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
This looks amazing! Alas I cannot use it because I do not run OBMM. Is it possible for you to release a seperate .rar file with the textures/meshes and .esp? I would be grateful.

NaughtyMonkey

NaughtyMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Woot! HA! I get to be the first dl of the non omod! :P LOL

Guest_Kresselack_*

Guest_Kresselack_*
  • Guests
Yay! It's finally out! Downloading now!

PeterEater

PeterEater

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
HOLY crap!
11/10

AlexScorpion

AlexScorpion

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
NOW THAT'S AN ARMOR ... 10/10)))P.S. how do you make them pose like that??

aageomar

aageomar

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Been waitin' for this, oh yes!
I love the way you "wrap" this in. Most do just the armorwapon, and forget that optaining it in a quest-like mod is part of the fun in an RPG..

Thanks for giving me the chance to download your exellent work!

Page loaded in: 1.000 seconds