Making diseases a challenge

michael199310

So there's a variety of disease mods out there. But there's one big problem: each disease can be cured at the shrine which basically breaks the need for disease mod (where's the challenge if you can heal any sickness in every town for free?)

So my question: is there a mod that either disables or removes Cure Disease effect from shrines? So diseases can be viable again?

Take a look at "iNeed" by isoku, it includes a dangerous diseases option that may be close enough to what you are after - it does also add in the need to eat, drink & sleep as well though.

I'm already using Realistic Needs & Diseases. I don't think they're compatible and I do prefer RND over iNeed

You have probably already checked out "Diseased" by manaflow, but I'll mention it just in case you haven't - I used this before discovering iNeed & it is quite good, I expect I'll miss it but haven't had a chance yet to compare it to Dangerous Diseases. Altars only increase disease resistance although I think there is a percentage chance they will heal you if you use a soul gem on them, I'm not entirely sure as once she was home I would have my character drink medicines & get lots of sleep to heal :)

Take a look at "iNeed" by isoku, it includes a dangerous diseases option that may be close enough to what you are after - it does also add in the need to eat, drink & sleep as well though.

I'm already using Realistic Needs & Diseases. I don't think they're compatible and I do prefer RND over iNeed

Doesn't RND have an option to turn shrine healing diseases off in mcm?

Doesn't RND have an option to turn shrine healing diseases off in mcm?

Oh, wow, after all these playthroughs I never noticed there is an option in RND! Thanks :)