Clear Water

Oroborus15

There are some fairly interesting places under the water in FO4, as well as items in said places. Unfortunately without the aquaboy/girl perk it is difficult to get a good look around due to time spent finding the places because the view distance is less than 10 ft at any given time.

I get that they were trying to make the water look dirty to explain why it was irradiated, but in all of the documentaries (Like: "Life After People") the water is for the most part clean by the 200 year mark. Even with the nuclear war, the dust has long since settled everywhere but under the water.

If something like this exists can someone put up a link?

OK, I'm assuming you're on PC. But here is a way to make your water crystal clear.

1- Open your MY Documents/My Games/Fallout4

2- Open your Fallout4Prefs file with Notepad

3- Scroll down until you find [imageSpace]. 3 or so lines down from it will be bDoDepthOfField=1. Change it to bDoDepthOfField=0

4- Hit "File" then "Save"

5- MOST IMPORTANT STEP! Right click on Fallout4Prefs and select properties. At the bottom you'll see attributes. Tic the "Read-only" box and save.

I did this and my water is crystal clear. I'm running ATI cards in Crossfire. Not sure if it matters.