Renaming settlements

Anchevv

You can do that with the console command 'SetActorFullname', but you need a 'Message' value, its basically a 3rd ID everything has. IF you can find that, you click what you want to rename, and type in: 'SetActorFullname (Message ID)' Until the GECK comes out, thats all you can really do. Thats one of the things on my list, aside from this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3446300-preparing-for-the-enclave-return-mod/?p=30915700

You can do that with the console command 'SetActorFullname', but you need a 'Message' value, its basically a 3rd ID everything has. IF you can find that, you click what you want to rename, and type in: 'SetActorFullname (Message ID)' Until the GECK comes out, thats all you can really do. Thats one of the things on my list, aside from this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3446300-preparing-for-the-enclave-return-mod/?p=30915700

I see, I was thinking more of adding a new button on the pipboy or the workbench, but I think this is probably impossible without GECK.

I see, I was thinking more of adding a new button on the pipboy or the workbench, but I think this is probably impossible without GECK.

Its very possible, even without the CK. You'd need to make a script that takes a user input and stores it in a variable then set the settlements name value to that variable.

I was able to make a script (albeit a simple one), compile it and attach it to a magic effect, and all without the CK in this thread.

Its very possible, even without the CK. You'd need to make a script that takes a user input and stores it in a variable then set the settlements name value to that variable.

I was able to make a script (albeit a simple one), compile it and attach it to a magic effect, and all without the CK in this thread.

Couldn't we use the function of the renaming weapon for the user input?

Couldn't we use the function of the renaming weapon for the user input?

That was built using scripts, and unfortunately disassembling scripts from fallout 4 will only give you a rough idea of how it was made, not the source code. If you have skyrim, and want to try your hand at scripting, the first step is learning how to script in papyrus. You can use the Skyrim Creation Kit to experiment with your scripts and once you get something usable, upgrade the compiled scripts to fo4.

This wiki is an excellent resource for people new to scripting.

Could I get your advice on something???

I'm trying to make a recipe where you can break down something into multiple components (to go along with my mod)... So, for example you got to a reloading bench and breakdown ammo into base components - gunpowder, shell casing ,etc.

I know how to create an item in FO4Edit but not how to reverse the process? Any suggestions or do I have to wait till GECK.

I'm trying to make a recipe where you can break down something into multiple components (to go along with my mod)... So, for example you got to a reloading bench and breakdown ammo into base components - gunpowder, shell casing ,etc.

I know how to create an item in FO4Edit but not how to reverse the process? Any suggestions or do I have to wait till GECK.

So you basically want to make an item breakdown-able into components? Sorry english isn't my first language so understanding peoples intent can be a bit hard for me.

Edited by ShinraStrife

So you basically want to make an item breakdown-able into components? Sorry english isn't my first language so understanding peoples intent can be a bit hard for me.

Yeah, what I am trying to do is take a weapon and break it into four components. For example: you could take a rifle you found and with a recipe break into 4 components (Stock, Receiver, Barrel, Magazine).

Then you could use those four components to make a different weapon. Problem is I can't figure out how to break an intem into multiple components (pieces).

Yeah, what I am trying to do is take a weapon and break it into four components. For example: you could take a rifle you found and with a recipe break into 4 components (Stock, Receiver, Barrel, Magazine).

Then you could use those four components to make a different weapon. Problem is I can't figure out how to break an intem into multiple components (pieces).

I thought you mean changing what scrap items you get from breaking down weapons. What you are describing might be a bit harder because your mod would need to figure out what mods the user has attached to their gun, which you could do in a script.