Creation Kit: Crashes since new O.S.

Gerheardt

Hi there! Before i explain the problem, here's 2 PC Setups i had, what problems i faced and what was the cause of it:

"Crashotron XP32"

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz

3.0go of ddr2 memory

Windows XP 32 bits Service pack 3

Zotac GTX 750TI

A certain list of mods and DLC

Skyrim: Crashes and bugs related to the lack of memory

Creation Kit: No problem at all

"Crashotron Se7en"

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz

7go of ddr2 memory

Windows 7 64bits Service pack 1

Zotac GTX 750TI

The same list of mods and DLC, same loading order

Skyrim: No problem at all (but some fps drop when using 4K graphics...obviously)

Creation Kit: The problem why i started this topic, read under...

So here's my problem. When i run the CK on "Crashotron Se7en", everything works fine until it crashes after around 10-15 minutes. It stops working and a window telling me that it's not working and must close appears. I'm not always doing the same kind of thing in the CK when it does that. It really seams to be timed, always after 10-15 minutes after opening. I'm usually loading Skyrim, Skyrim Update, Hearthfires and "ELD Activators" mod to create my own mods. Another thing that is not that much problematic but never happened when used with "Crashotron XP" is that the Cells window is sometimes disappearing. I click on render window and it comes back. I tried to set any .exe file related to Skyrim in XP SP3 compatibility mode with "Run as administrator" ticked. It seemed to me to be reporting my using time to 20-25 minutes instead of 10-15minutes.

I read on the subject and it seems related to Vista and younger windows or the fact that it's because it's on a 64 bits o.s. . I would like to know on what computer and o.s. you are running the CK and if you face problems like this. For those who could guide me to a solution, it would be really appreciated too! Thank you!

Edited by Gerheardt

Note that i tried with windows XP 64 and nothing was running great with it, even Firefox. Skyrim or the CK never wnated to start. I also tried few times in the past to use the Ck with Windows 7 and the same bug was there even if the computer itself was not one of the 2 mentionned on the first post.

Win 7 x64 SP1, CK works fine most the time.

Some crash scenarios for me:
Papyrus compiler should never be used from within CK as as it leaks memory like a sieve and you will crash CK in no time at all after compiling anywhere from 15 ~ 50 scripts.

In the object widow under Misc -> Idle Markers, never try previewing an actor when editing an idle marker to add idles, definite crash almost instant for me.

I find repeatedly accessing alias property windows on a quest or quests (anywhere from 125 ~ 200 times) and CK will throw an error message it failed to create controls in the requested window (save at this point as your not far from crashing).

But apart from that for me CK will run for hours on end without crashing for me (most the time).

This is running 2 instances of CK on a 2 Ghz Centrino, 3GB of DDR2 ram and Nvidia 8600GT 256MB DDR3 graphics (8+ year old laptop).
Never tried CK on XP and I wouldn't bother either....lol

Edited by sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE

Thanks! Now i know at least that the Ck can run without problems on my O.S.. I just have to find what's causing my crash now. What you mention is not the kind of thing i do with the CK...papyrus, scripts, quests...that's not what i do usually. I tend to think it's related to my 4 cores or my more than 4go of ram.

Someone else wants to describe it's computer specs and bugs encountered?