"Scare my Enemy" Bugged Quest

Tacocubes

I was out in Skyrim killing things, Belrand the mercenary was outside too, he got in my way or something and he became hostile to me, he was too scared to fight me though so he kept running away. I later received a letter from a courier from Lisette, saying she heard about my assault on Belrand. I had a misc. quest objective saying to meet Lisette in Solitude about a job involving violence. My character didn't want anything to do with such nonsense, so she met with Lisette, turned down the job, and for some reason Lisette handed me 50 gold. The quest is supposedly over but I still have a misc. objective stuck in my log. How do I console command this quest out of my journal? The wiki pages aren't helping.

• 3 weeks later...

I have experienced exactly the same bug with this quest in the last few days (but I had to talk to Kjeld in Kynesgrove about the violence job): refused, still got the money and now the quest is stuck in the journal.

I have not yet tried any setstagequest console commands, hope it will help. Will report if it does.

Edit: I checked the queststage with getstage command, and it is set at 100 which should mean the quest is duly completed. But the entry in the journal remains.

Then tried "CompleteAllObjectives WIAssault02" command mentioned in the UESP page, but that did not work. I saved, exited to desktop and reloaded, and the journal entry is still there. Bummer....

Edited by Oblivionplayer437

• 2 years later...

This is an old bug which never been solved by any. I am having the same problem now until too late to realise. I would say the WIAssault02 quest given by Lisette is extremely buggy and permanently stuck. I had this quest previous from others but they worked in many ways. I am wondering around to see if anyone has the solution yet but the reality might suggest get rid of Lisette beforehand is one necessary do when starting a new game.