An Interesting Question

dinodudeepic

I have been playing Morrowind again recently, with a bit more emphasis on roleplaying. (ALso been starting to work with modding the engine.)

So, I have been wondering. Can you pull off a sort of GM approach to modding the game? As in, I want to make personal mods that are focused exclusively on the character I'm playing.

The main issue would be if the mods end up conflicting with each other and corrupting the save. (Especially if I have to "extend" the mod, like making a quest that goes after another mod's quest.)

Any sort of way to avoid that issue along any other issues?

Conflicts don't corrupt your save. Dirty edits and orphaned scripts do. Either of which Wrye can probably fix for you the rest you can easily avoid by saving fully and often and being careful in which mods you use. I'm not sure what you mean by GM but I do know that many mod users like to roleplay their games so it's nothing new, just requires finding or making mods to facilitate that play style.

Good luck.

Well, I just wanted to mod in a questline, and then proceed to edit that mod as I play the game, adding new quests that may or may not build off the quests that I initially add.

Basically, does continually changing one ESP cause problems/conflicts for a save-game using the ESP?

Basically, does continually changing one ESP cause problems/conflicts for a save-game using the ESP?

Not necessarily, but it depends on what you change and how you change.

Things which gets stored in save game like NPC data, object references, cell data etc don't reflect the changes you made. But other things do, like stats of weapons/armor or any object do reflect the change.