So, recently I've upgraded my computer, both hardware and software. Which means reinstalling Skyrim and all its glory.

After reinstalling all of my mods, such as Vampire Thirst by Miss Leeches, I continued my adventures, right? Then I decided I wanted to become a vampire killing vampire (like Blade). So I continued the Dawnguard storyline until Serana gave me the option to become a lord. I accepted the offer and whatnot and I waited to ensure that I received the powers/effects. To my regret, I was only given the power of vampire lord, but none of the vampire effects.

For Vampire Thirst to work, Miss Leeches required that the playervampirequestscript.pex and dlc1vampirechangescript.pex to be removed from the skyrim folder. To ensure that they have been removed, I searched for them. To my dismay, I apparently never had the psc nor the pex to begin with. So yesterday, I did a hard reinstall of everything. That is, I uninstalled every mod, removed my skyrim folder from my steam folder, and made steam install Skyrim in a new folder. I checked the data before installing my mods to see if the scripts were there, but they were not.

My question is: I'm suppose to have these scripts by default, correct? In that case, no one would know where the files went, if I asked.

Just a note: I do in fact have the (legendary) unoffical skyrim patch, if that helps. From searching around, the patches should have a version of the .pex's right?

The original PEX files are packed inside the games' BSA files. You leave them alone. What the author was wanting you to do was remove any loose versions installed by other mods as they will block whatever they are expecting. Do note however, that any other mod could provide modified versions of the script within their own BSA file and that take priority and perhaps block what the author of Vampire Thirst wanted to achieve.

The original PSC files are packed inside a scripts.rar file found in your data folder. This file is only there if you download the Creation Kit as the game itself does not use the PSC files. They are merely for the Creation Kit and so that humans can actually read and understand what the script is to be doing.

However, you should not go around deleting scripts willy nilly. You do need to be aware that each mod which modifies a script does so for a reason and that by overwriting or removing their version of the script, you can break their mod. It would be best to determine the specific change to the script and decide which may be best for you. It may in some cases be prudent to merge the changes of both scripts, but this does require an understanding in how papyrus works and is best left to the author of one mod or the other.

I'll take a script I'm familiar with as an example:

MineOreScript - this script provides the ore to the player as they activate or hit an ore vein

ARS Metallica modifies the script to provide some smithing experience

SkyRE modifies the script to provide some smithing experience

Traps Make Noise has an optional file that can cause mining to make noise

Random Mining MCM injects additional functions which change the amount of ore, the number of strikes, whether experience is provided for smithing or even experience for a magic skill if the user is using a magic mining mod as well as an option to make noise.

Obviously Random Mining MCM covers all the others, but if one of the others were installed later or had the user delete the MineOreScript then Random Mining MCM would fail to function.

So, recently I've upgraded my computer, both hardware and software. Which means reinstalling Skyrim and all its glory.

After reinstalling all of my mods, such as Vampire Thirst by Miss Leeches, I continued my adventures, right? Then I decided I wanted to become a vampire killing vampire (like Blade). So I continued the Dawnguard storyline until Serana gave me the option to become a lord. I accepted the offer and whatnot and I waited to ensure that I received the powers/effects. To my regret, I was only given the power of vampire lord, but none of the vampire effects.

For Vampire Thirst to work, Miss Leeches required that the playervampirequestscript.pex and dlc1vampirechangescript.pex to be removed from the skyrim folder. To ensure that they have been removed, I searched for them. To my dismay, I apparently never had the psc nor the pex to begin with. So yesterday, I did a hard reinstall of everything. That is, I uninstalled every mod, removed my skyrim folder from my steam folder, and made steam install Skyrim in a new folder. I checked the data before installing my mods to see if the scripts were there, but they were not.

My question is: I'm suppose to have these scripts by default, correct? In that case, no one would know where the files went, if I asked.

Just a note: I do in fact have the (legendary) unoffical skyrim patch, if that helps. From searching around, the patches should have a version of the .pex's right?

Those scripts are located in the Dawnguard.bsa, but I advise you do not remove vanilla scripts unless you know exactly what you are doing. They could have an impact on the game that is irreversible without a fresh reinstall.