Fallout 4 Crash to desktop after installing NMM

OffskiCastiel

Hi new to fallout 4 recently bought it played it and thoroughly enjoyed it. i heard that for the pc there was mods so i came across nexus mods

i followed Gophers tutorial of installation etc etc edited what he told me to and so on.

i installed around 8 mods all from most endorsed first 2 pages ( obviously they work as people are endorsing others to use them)

heres the list

Enhanced Blood Textures

Settlement Supplies Expanded 2.5 - Safe SSEx

Craftable Ammo

Working Food Planters

Easy Hacking

Homemaker - Expanded Settlements

Carry Weight Modifications

Customize Legendary Enemy Spawning

these are all the mods

once installed them ticked them etc VIA NMM

tried to launch game made it to the please stand by screen -------> https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi6rPmM28TJAhXMvRoKHbWGAAYQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgamesn.com%2Ffallout-4%2Fplease-stand-by-bethesda-suggest-fallout-4-news-is-imminent&psig=AFQjCNFMDaD8J6vaUqAWnGzOTc14dH0gSg&ust=1449404616815796

then it crashes to desktop within 3-5seconds

please someone help me :/

my pc specs

GPU

geforce gtx titan z

geforce gtx titan z

intel core i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz OC to 5.1ghz

resolutionn 2560 x 1440 asus rogswift

32gb ram

1tb SSD

4TB HDD

Before using mods, the base game must be working properly. So you need to fix that first.

First, try verifying the game cache. This resets any changes to the original files by redownloading anything that has been changed in the original files ( mods are not supposed to change the base game files at all)

Note If you have beta participation active in steam - disable it first . as that currently blocks all mods.

How to Verify the game Cache in Steam

Close your game first, then open Steam

On the Library page, RIGHT click on the game you want to verify
In the drop down menu, at the bottom click on 'Properties'
Select the 'Local Files' tab
In the new window, click on 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Wait as it can take a while.

• 1 month later...

I seem to be having this problem too. I did make a backup of my steamapp/fallout and docs/games/fallout so after uninstalling nmm and replacing the modified .ini/game files with the backups it still keeps CTD. Tried to verify the files in steam, and even after getting to %100 it just keeps crashing a few seconds into the intro "please stand by" video. Tried running in windowed and full screen. Could it be the .net framework install that was required from nmm? Any help would be appreciated, I'm kinda lost here.