Database Breach - An Update

Dark0ne

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello i was wondering if anyone ever download a mod and heard talking or a conversation in the background, i have no clue which one it was but from what i hear in my speakers as two guys asking about each others hair maybe they forgot there mic was left on when making the mod but the problem is that i haven't heard it since so could i be hacked? some one please help

Edited by jayr1022

A couple of weeks ago my steam or yahoo email was hijacked and I got a rejected attempt on my steam account for the purchases of a the latest final fantasy game, steam put a restriction on me now for trading, which I never did ever and possibly store purchases because of possible,negligent activity on my account and had me opt out of trading just now!..

and here was steams response to my request to transfer my steam games to a new account

quote steam support

Hello Craig,

Our records indicate that you have logged in and updated your email address since this message. This is the best course of action for your account security.

In response to your previous message:

Steam game subscriptions, CD keys, and redeemed gifts are non-transferable and cannot be reset or moved between Steam accounts.

We will be unable to transfer games or items between accounts. In order to play a game, you must be logged in to the account on which that game was originally activated or purchased.

Similarly, Steam Support cannot move in-game items between accounts, and Steam accounts cannot be merged.

Please let us know if you still require assistance.

end quote

I'm not sure if I used my yahoo email here at nexus and this British fella hacked my yahoo email, but I've resolved trouble with my steam account now

dsound.dll is a file you'll find popping up in Witcher 3 mods from time to time. Here are a couple of them that I found just by using the search description function. I know that there are more that refer to this file.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/172/

I have it installed C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\dsound.dll

In response to post #31635235.

jayr1022 wrote: Hello i was wondering if anyone ever download a mod and heard talking or a conversation in the background, i have no clue which one it was but from what i hear in my speakers as two guys asking about each others hair maybe they forgot there mic was left on when making the mod but the problem is that i haven't heard it since so could i be hacked? some one please help

I heard the same but it is gone now?

Good to know about the planned security enhancements, but if I may suggest, please offer something more than 2FA through a smartphone. Some of us don't have one, can't afford one, or don't want to provide that number to anyone over the internet for privacy reasons. I fall into the "can't afford" category for what it's worth, so some other method to enable this would be greatly appreciated.