[WIP] Diplomacy - Pacify and Retreat Overhaul

Khormin

Don't do it, I thought as the raider began to run. I had him in my sights, dead to rights, and was watching in the vain hope that he would not be the fifth raider in a row to run, and then return. Everyone he had been standing with was dead. His turrets were destroyed. Yet, four paces into his retreat, he seemed to forget all of that, turned around, and took a bullet to the face as his round spanged off my power armor.

Immediately, the stingwing I had pacified began to gnaw on my back for a second, before Dog began to savage it.

I am so glad that I spent those perks on pacifying, I thought to myself sarcastically, since the monsters and raiders totally don't have the attention span of a goldfish on ritalin.

-----

Not any more! Introducing Diplomacy - the mod that will ensure that you encounter far more animals that remember you are their 'alpha' (do bloodbugs have a pack structure?), far more mutants that remember that human is 'friend', far more ghouls that actually retain that little spark of humanity inside, and far more raiders who remember that they have no gun any more, and you have one trained on the back of their head.

What does it currently do?

• Retreat values now require far further distance before the enemy stops running.
  • Retreat now ends with the target being 'out of combat', requiring you to reinitialize or approach (which can be taken as you looking like you're coming after them).
  • Retreating enemies can pass out of instances.
  • Retreat now lasts significantly longer (approximately 3 minutes playtime).
  • Pacify effect lasts significantly longer (approximately 30 minutes playtime).
  • Pacify effect ends with target entering retreat state (and thus, out of combat).
  • Hacking a robot target allows player to trigger retreat or pacify state correctly.

What is coming soon?

• Pacify effects alter the faction of the target to "Player Faction", "Ally Faction", or "Settler Faction" as appropriate (ie; Deathclaw will never become Settlers).
  • In the latter case, after pacify effect wears off, target will remain nearby waiting for assignment to a settlement.

Have to AFK for a few hours, but the basic principle is correct. Plan is to quietly replace them in the code off-screen with a persistent duplicate before they arrive.

Feeling flat after days of interrupted sleep - holding off any official work on mods today.

As for saving facial selections, I'd say it should, though I have yet to tackle that particular portion of the code yet. Hence it's in 'planned'.

Bravo, this mod is a must for anyone who uses a Charisma-focus character.

• Pacify effects alter the faction of the target to "Player Faction", "Ally Faction", or "Settler Faction" as appropriate (ie; Deathclaw will never become Settlers).

Aaaaand now I want to see a Deathclaw settler. Tending the fields. Working the shops.

"ROAAAAAAR!"

"I just want to trade a few things."

Edited by TimeLadyKatie

Aaaaand now I want to see a Deathclaw settler. Tending the fields. Working the shops.

... It won't take much extra effort to make an 'everything can be settler' adjustment. Super mutants. Feral ghouls. Molerat tending the doctor's clinic. "Reeeeegh!" "Patch me up, doc."

Feeling flat after days of interrupted sleep - holding off any official work on mods today.

As for saving facial selections, I'd say it should, though I have yet to tackle that particular portion of the code yet. Hence it's in 'planned'.

Right, I'm just flagging up issues I've run into with this kind of work before. 'It should' is a nice thing to say, but within the confines of the engine it's probably going to be difficult to accomplish. You may want to start putting requests into the F4SE team now to get them to prioritise things like base form copying & saving.