Modernize New Vegas with Fallout 4?

daemox

What I wonder is, if we could take New Vegas and replace as much as possible with resources borrowed from Fallout 4.

The basic goal I have in mind would be to modernize New Vegas, remove the technical limitations the game has due to its age, and help to breathe new life into it (as again, Bethesda has failed to provide an actual RPG with its own release).

If there is any interest in this, we would need an experienced modder to take the reins. I am happy to do some leg work but my time is unfortunately quite limited at the moment. Regardless, I wanted to pitch this idea to see if anyone wanted to run with it.

Take care all,

We can't 'borrow' Fallout 4's vanilla assets. Bethesda doesn't allow it, even across games made by them, and thus it's not permitted on Nexus either. Other than that, I'd be pretty interested in seeing a recreation of the Mojave Wasteland with FO4's upgrades. But only if the mod's timeline is set some decades after the events of FNV because I have zero interest in playing the same old quests all over again.

I would echo Nonoodles reply in re: to assets being shared between games on nexus.

But if one were to do something like this in a project unrelated to nexus (and I think it's likely a project like that will pop up at some point), like TTW, you'd want to do it in the opposite order of your post. You would want to bring *FONV assets* into *FO4* if you want to "remove the technical limitations the game has due to its age". Much of FO4's art (models and textures) are a higher quality, but there are a lot of replacement assets created by community members (for example high res textures).

In addition it would probably be a team, not a just one experienced modder. TTW was a huge challenge, Kuroitsune worked his butt off and now it's still being developed and refined (squashing bugs) by a team....and this was just a port of FO3 assets to FONV (games with *very* similar engines).

• 3 months later...