⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

What determines material type re: "Can only be placed in dirt."

Sakaslan

So I'm trying to allow for some rudimentary landscaping by using a retextured wood/concrete floor foundation as a dirt "foundation". The texture works fine and I get what amounts to a big block of dirt in game, but I can't actually plant anything on it. I can't find anything in FO4Edit that looks like a flag or keyword for this purpose, so I figured it had to do with the material/bgsm associated with the nif. Nothing I've done so far in nifskope has worked. Thought someone might know what governs whether something is considered dirt or not.

For reference, using shackmidfloor01foundation.nif I've done the following:

* Changed the three BSLightingShaderProperty entries to point to "Materials\Landscape\Ground\CommonwealthDefault01_AlphaTest.bgsm" (same bgsm farm plot objects point to)

*Also tried "Materials\Landscape\Ground\CommonwealthDefault01.bgsm" just in case.

* Changed the Wet Material entries of the above to point to "Template/DirtTemplate_Wet.bgsm"

* Changed the BSShaderTextureSet entries of each to point to "textures\landscape\ground\commonwealthdefault01_(d, n, and s as appropriate).dds"

I'm not remotely any good with nifskope, but I don't see anything else that might be it besides the two collision objects labeled "c_Concrete" and "c_Wood". I went ahead and re-labeled them just in case but, as expected, that did nothing.

Any ideas?