Windows 10 hate topic

Wouter445

you know why you are here, sick and tired seeing any search engine hyping windows 10.

you don't care for windows 10, you having already a OS you care about your privacy.

search no longer and here we all hate the same for this special occasion i made a nice screen shot for your desktop.

Share the HATE or love to hate of windows 10.

Kindly Regards,

Abisha.

I would have upgraded to Windows 10 if I hadn't configured my Windows 8.1 so much (even though it's Windows 8.1, it functions like Windows 7 now).

Either way, I would have just preferred to have Windows 7. But noooo, it comes with Windows 8 by default...

I had *just* finished upgrading all my machines to Windows 7 or Vista (hey, it works, and its surprisingly cheap these days) when Windows 10 was announced, and basically due to laziness didn't upgrade to it originally - and now it's looking like that was the right choice given the number of "my machine is a brick" or "XYZ doesn't work" or "random unknown network traffic" etc threads, topics, discussions, articles, blah blah blah I've seen about 10. And the fix seems super simple - remove all of the net nanny junk. But that stuff was probably put in by committee (I imagine the design process looking a lot like in Robocop when they re-design him by committee) and therefore would have to be taken out by committee too. :psyduck:

Haha! I'm still under XP and won't change it! :armscrossed:

I actually just finished a "new" computer with Windows 2000 Pro - ignoring that it's entirely unsafe for the web, its still a quite nice OS. :teehee:

Al of my boxes run either Win7 or Linux. Out of 3 attempts to upgrade to Win 10, 2 were failures resulting in 2 days of lost productivity. I rolled the other one back because it demanded I have Win10 on the other computers in my home network. One cannot be upgraded to win 10 because the CPU is not supported. The update even said as much. But MS insists on telling me over and over and over and over, I NEED to update it anyway. The second would not eject the DVD - unless it was booted into the BIOS only. I spent several hours searching for a driver with no success - MS help suggested replacing the DVD drive that works fine on Win7. It is a laptop and replacing the DVD is a major undertaking - as well as using a special DVD drive that costs quite a bit. I never got around to trying to run most of my programs using Wind 10 as I just rolled it back in disgust.

@obobski - I have a friend who still uses a DOS program to run his business. Just last year managed to get him to upgrade to WinXP with a dual boot ( WinXP & DOS) So he could use USB instead of floppy disks for his daily backup.

@obobski - I have a friend who still uses a DOS program to run his business. Just last year managed to get him to upgrade to WinXP with a dual boot ( WinXP & DOS) So he could use USB instead of floppy disks for his daily backup.

I honestly have no problems with "old" hardware or software if it works - it isn't like it was designed in retrospect with the intention of sucking (in many cases it was designed to be state of the art), and if it meets the needs of the application then why fight it. My bigger axe to grind is with the Internet as a business and entity, and how bloated and insecure it has become (and I've seen this happen at an increased pace in recent years) - if that weren't on the table, I'm sure there'd still be many happy Pentium IIs running Windows 98 and 486s running DOS 6.22 and PowerPCs running Classic OS 9 and OS X 10.3.x or 10.4.x among other things, as opposed to more or less HAVING to run the latest-and-greatest just to "keep up" with the modern web.

@ the killing a DVD drive, I thought only Solaris could do that. :teehee:

Well i also was very sceptical about Win 10. Until now many user made patches have been released which kill all the surveillance featurettes and that makes it a nice idea to upgrade to win 10.

Its amazing how much performance Win 10 can get out of slow computers, it genereally runs smoother and faster than Windows 7. Also i wouldnt upgrade, that just screws up everything. Win 10 works best with a fully clean reinstall after a complete formatting of the HDD.

Surely it takes time and is annoying to do a full reinstall but once done you can leave it alone, windows does all the annoying maintenance things by itself.

The only very stupid thing are updates which are mpossible to cancel.

I can understand that you want to stick with Win7, its a stable and very good OS but if you hang with vista or Win 8.1 go to 10, you will do yorself a HUGE favor