Thanks for the support, everyone!

I made some solid progress in spite of family distractions. Recent anecdotes about dysfunctional family members might even be adapted into the mod! My redneck relatives are like an endless fountain of drama, angst, and bitterness. If you only knew... (some of you know full well, I'm sure)

I'd say the mod is about 25-30% on the way to beta. Two missions are complete, and both feature branching outcomes. The next one will be a bit trickier as it takes place in Windhelm, but I should manage. I'm getting a stronger grasp on the CK each day, and that will only help when I get my hands on the GECK.

My favorite bit of content in this mod involves draugr, but in a way that you would not expect. Suffice to say certain tropes will be reversed in a light-hearted way. Not all the missions can be grim moral quandaries, after all. Even the blood feud is silly in its own way. s#*!, the things people killed each other over in The Sagas of the Icelanders often left me laughing my ass off. It was like a dark comedy to me.

The truth is that I'm finally developing some confidence with the CK, and this motivates me to finally produce some quality mods for TES. I'm excited to see how it's received.

Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions. Thanks!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though while I dislike playing as the Stormcloaks I will still play this mod just due to the fact you are making it and it is guaranteed that it is going to be awesome.

Thanks! I don't know if it will be awesome, but it is coming along well. The first three quests are just about done, and the last is a bit lighter in tone than the others. I'd say the project is about 35% on the way to beta. There will be about 6-7 "missions" spread out in 2-3 quests. I had originally planned to put everything in one questline, but the project ballooned a bit once things got underway. Some of the content may be available in unrelated sidequests, too.

EDIT: Oh, and for what it's worth, this mod doesn't shy away from the flaws of Stormcloak rule.

Edited by someguy2000

Here are some screenshots. The first is a quest-related Holmgang and the second deals with a certain group of subterranean horrors.

After some additional tinkering, I've decided that the mod will include three quests, each of which may include multiple assignments and/or branching outcomes. Once the trio of quests are complete, the player can begin a final quest that will wrap everything up.

The first quest includes about an hour of playing time, so the finished product could be in the 3-4 hour range. We'll see.

Thanks for the support and feedback!

EDIT: One other thing - the three quests can be pursued simultaneously.

Edited by someguy2000

It's sparse (and clearly a WIP), but here's the progress thus far on Clan Sea-Stalker's residence, "Seastead":

Is that Dawnstar in the background?

Yes, please don't tell me I'm walking into a mod conflict. Actually, do tell me, as I'd rather move things around now than later on in production.

I'm really, really paranoid about placing new buildings and adjusting navmesh in the worldspace, so I tried to pick the most remote spot possible. This is the only settlement of sorts added by the mod, and all the other cell entrances are minimal and out of the way. The rival to the Sea-Stalkers, Clan Iron-Arm, live in a mine for reasons that will be specified. Suffice to say the war was not good to them.

Anyway, if you know of another mod that's using that real estate (a strip of coast west of Dawnstar), please tell me. Thanks!