Needing Assistance for Adding the Restoration Mod on MAC

I have been trying to figure out how to mod on my MAC. I know that most smaller mods can be added by dropping them into an override folder, which is pretty straightforward. However, I am having trouble with installing the larger mods, specifically the Restoration mod. I understand I have to use something called a TSL patcher? And that I can only open this .exe file using Crossover? So I downloaded Crossover and the TSL patcher download from Nexus, but nothing happens when I try to open the file using Crossover.

I'm just pretty confused on the overall concept of using TSL patcher on a MAC via CrossOver to download the Restoration Mod and others like it. Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Although I've managed to make the installer in the mod (and the TSL patcher) work with CrossOver, the installation of the mod fails with this message:

"Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "Z:\Applications\Knights of the Old Republic.app\Contents\KOTOR Data\streamwaves\k1r_comm24.mp3". Access denied (0)"

Can anyone help with this?

• 1 month later...

I'm not familiar with MAC. If the copied post segment below is any indication of where the kotor files are in a MAC system then you may have to install these files manually into their identified folders when the installer fails to put them there... For instance k1r_comm24.mp3 may have to be extracted and placed in to the "streamwaves" folder manually. The "Applications" folder in the copied segment below appears to not have let the auto installer have access to placing an mp3 within the folder. One other option could be to let the installer have full access to all your folders relative to mod placements. I'm sorry that I can't offer any more aid than that.

The below is a copied segment of an earlier post by LuvianElf.

"Z:\Applications\Knights of the Old Republic.app\Contents\KOTOR Data\streamwaves\k1r_comm24.mp3". Access denied (0)"

Edited by svfinest