Spec/normal map help

aerionop

Since I'm not exactly sure under what category this fits, I'll just drop this here.

Since a bunch of people apparently do a One Punch Man playthrough, I thought I should join the bandwagon; and because I know a thing or two about textures, why not make a matching attire too?

So I started working on the vaultsuit as a base. I used VaultSuitM_ (the clean/NEW version) because I thought that one gets used rarely in the world itself.

I managed to get the _d _n and _s textures working fine, but in game there seems to be an image of the original specular map somehow mixed with my own.

It looks like this in-game. Notice the different way light shows up on the belt. It looks like the old golden band should be there, and I have no idea how or why it does that. I'm guessing it's using some other texture as well, but I can't figure out which one.
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2vxrmg4.jpg

Here's the 3 files I modified. Please take a look and tell me if I've missed something.

Alright, give a look at 000C45F3 - VaultSuit111Clean under Material Swap.

It has three different Unknown entries, one for trim, one for the numbers and one for the suit itself.

Ideally you'd probably want to make it Standalone, there's a tutorial here on Nexus you can look at for that.

But in either case you'll want to look at the original Materials and Material Swaps involved, see what textures they use and whether they have a glow or environment map attached to the .nif and .bgsm files.

That's where I'd go poking around! :laugh:

Well, that's a bust then...

The .BGSM don't reference anything besides those 3 .dds (except shared stuff). And if it's nif related, I'm out; never got the hang of nifs.

Sigh, seems FO4's texturing system is a bit more complex than I'd anticipated. Ah well, my ocd can suck it up, the texture's good enough for a quick'n'dirty playthrough.

Still, thank you for the info. And feel free to do anything you want with those dds, no plan on releasing or anything, and I won't be fiddling around with this particular theme until someone makes a cape model with cloth physics enabled.