Signs of incoming SSD failure

Just out of curiosity, are there any signs of your computer's SSD approaching its end?

I'm asking because I plan to buy Samsung's 16tb SSD, and I want to make sure I don't skip a potential last chance to make a backup of the huge amounts of data I may build up.

Edited by GoldRanger

As I understand it, that 16TB drive is a tradeshow piece, not a retail product, and retail pricing would probably be in the high four figure (if not into the five figure) range. You'd be much better off going with a RAID array for that kind of storage (to hedge against hardware failure and for cost efficiency), instead of putting all your eggs in one basket, so to speak. Good data security also doesn't "wait until impending failure" - you assume everything is going to break and you plan accordingly. Important data should having multi-layer backup in place regardless of what hardware your computer runs.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't even waste money on stuff like this for another five or ten years.

My samsung evo drive died on me but not right away it kept failing to boot almost every time and eventually I could not boot my computer anymore. Everything was slow too right before the end so a sudden slowdown would be an early warning just as much as failure to boot most of the time. Had it for just over a year and it died never gonna touch samsung again and I have been reading stuff here and there about problems with them.

This year is probably gonna be a year of consolidations and mergers anyway so either find some older model reliable stuff like crucial or take your chances with intel. Sony sold off their VAIO dept to a private firm in japan and now VAIO is gonna partner with toshiba and some other brands to collude and jointly make laptops to try and do better than next to nothing on profits. I think last year some companies merged too like ocz and toshiba?