Fallout 4 longevity - GECK expectations?

DrabRab

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that is really grinding my gears with these games is that we the player have to come up with the creativity to continue enjoying the game when it is supposed to be THEM the company that we PAID to come up with the creativity so WE can just enjoy the game. Why are we doing all the work with mods when they should have done it already? Yeah sure budgets blah blah just sounds like an excuse. I would make some car analogy here but I don't even want to get that creative in relation to fallout 4 anymore.

Times change, when FO3 came out, it was something really new, whole world, decent graphics for its time, same goes for FONV, and well Skyrim, they were all first of their kind, its not that FO4 is less in any way than those games, its just not a new thing to see these type of games anymore, that may be why ppl move to new games faster. I know when I got The Witcher 3, played it for a month and was done, if I got that game 3-4 years ago, id be playing it 10 times longer.

So short said, longvity has nothing to do with FO4 itself, its just that times change and we get used to games like these.

Edited by DimosZargarda

People get used to things only because they give up and don't fight back against continued crapping on of things they enjoy. I think this is more of a market will provide thing where if enough people actually don't buy future titles then the company will have to take notice but if people just give up, buy the new crappier game and play it for a while then throw it away that sends a message to the company that everything they cared about last game no longer matters to the buyer. Maybe it is the bad economy that has people giving up on things though. For example tv... there is nothing good on tv anymore no great star trek or babylon 5 or stargate sg1 nuthin not one show left worth watching. I attribute that to the fact that many people have to work at least two jobs to make ends meet these days so who has time for tv anymore? Most people I run into don't even like to watch the news they don't want to hear about all the bad stuff happening like that somehow will make it all go away or not happen to them. I think most people grab the traffic and weather reports on their way to work every day and that is all they pay attention to. Somehow sporting events seem to magically hold peoples attention.

1 nuthin not one show left worth watching.

Gravity falls, game of thrones, Rick and Morty, adventure time and fargo and all hella a lot more?

People get used to things only because they give up and don't fight back against continued crapping on of things they enjoy. I think this is more of a market will provide thing where if enough people actually don't buy future titles then the company will have to take notice but if people just give up, buy the new crappier game and play it for a while then throw it away that sends a message to the company that everything they cared about last game no longer matters to the buye

Or give them a nasty review, tell your loved ones not to buy, not buying from them again and not buying DLC.

There is also the chance of liking the game, many people like fallout 4. Even few of the super old fans of the two first games. It all about taste at the end of the day.

Edited by Boombro

the crap that the owners of rick and morty put their fans through makes watching the show completely not worth it. If you don't know the details you haven't watched the show in a looooong time. The thing that finally got me was the 15 second chunks that I needed to watch in order to see the whole episode and of course that crap on youtube where the audio is slowed down to an extreme to annoy anyone watching it.

Game of thrones is dumb I don't get it. Seems like some kind of tv graveyard for old tv show actors like that guy from stargate atlantis for example.

Anything recently produced by the usual three suspects abc, cbs, nbc is just crap period lol.

Adventure time is a kids show I just can't watch it the same way I would watch southpark or rick and morty.

The thing that is really grinding my gears with these games is that we the player have to come up with the creativity to continue enjoying the game

We don't, its not a sandbox neither is it a Sim or a survival game. In ye olde days you'd play and RPG and left it to do another one when it was finished.

when it is supposed to be THEM the company that we PAID to come up with the creativity so WE can just enjoy the game.

We already payed them. They delivered and owe us noting. The fact that we get to mod this game so freely is a privilege, not a right .

Why are we doing all the work with mods when they should have done it already? Yeah sure budgets blah blah just sounds like an excuse. I would make some car analogy here but I don't even want to get that creative in relation to fallout 4 anymore.

Because this is a community of a few million people, many hands make heavy work lighter. One modder can fix or enhance a system because they have the time to concentrate on that ONE feature without crazy deadlines, it doesn't has to pass several people to get greenlit, they don't have to cater to budget cuts or demands from higher ups. They can tinker on it for months, the settler system is a good example that the Devs don't get all the time in the world.

Budgets are no 'excuse' its a very real thing that seem to go hand in hand with getting things greenlit btw.

tl;dr : Devs face many limitations modders do not and RPG's aren't endless.