CTD on road to Riverwood near 2 wolves

NJDevilsx26

Okay so I was having problems with crashes around Riverwood and I found out that it was because I didn't have an SKSE.ini file, I made one and had to start a new game because it was incompatible with my old saves, everything was going fine in the intro sequence, character creation, and the Helgen fight. I was walking with Hadvar to Riverwood and lo and behold the game CTD's once I kill the two wolves and continue on the road. One thing I noticed was that the blood that comes out of the wolves and lands on the ground has no texture and is just black squares, and that one of Hadvar's items turns blueish purple which indicates no texture. From what I've read online people are saying that's caused by the GPU overheating but I can say without a doubt that isn't the case for me. My temps at the time of the crash on my GPU were 115º Farenheit. The only way I can play the game currently is by deleting the SKSE.ini file and I'm able to play on my older saves, the problem with that is I don't have the memory patch so if I go near Riverwood I get massive lag and a freeze/crash due to the block overloading. No matter what I do I can't seem to get this f**king game to work properly. I had no issues with the game before I did a clean install of Skyrim and all my mods (I have about 100). I'm really at my wits end here, I can't figure what could possibly be happening I've tried every solution I've found and no matter what I crash whenever I'm in that area. I honestly wouldn't care if the problem area was some far off corner of the map that I'm never in but the fact that it's in an area that's so central to the main story makes the game nearly unplayable. I've cleaned all the DLCs and my mods with TESVedit and LOOT is telling me that I have no conflicts. This problem is making me go insane, all I want to do is play f**cking Skyrim. I'll post my load order below, hopefully someone here can help me out.

One more thing I forgot to add was when I don't use the SKSE.ini file I don't get any random crashes or weird missing textures, the only time I crash is due to a memory overload. I'm using MemoryBlocksLog so I can confirm that it's the reason. Something with the SKSE.ini file seems to be causing the issue but I don't know what it is.

* Skyrim.esm
* Update.esm
* Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
* Dawnguard.esm
* Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
* HearthFires.esm
* Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
* Dragonborn.esm
* Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
* RSkyrimChildren.esm
* ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
* Ket_ARMONIZER_v2.esm
* ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
* HighResTexturePack01.esp
* HighResTexturePack02.esp
* HighResTexturePack03.esp
* Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
* Footprints.esp
* Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
* dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
* dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
* SkyUI.esp
* Mars.esp
* RSChildren - Complete.esp
* RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
* EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
* ETaC - Complete.esp
* ELFX - Exteriors.esp
* ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
* ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
* Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
* Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
* RealNames.esp
* SeeYouSleepByMadmole.esp
* SleepTight.esp
* WetandCold.esp
* When Vampires Attack.esp
* dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
* Thugs.esp
* Rebirth Monster.esp
* Book Covers Skyrim.esp
* ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
* SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
* RealisticWaterTwo.esp
* SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.esp
* ELFXEnhancer.esp
* Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
* RBB - DLC Merge.esp
* OBIS.esp
* OBISDB.esp
* Civil War Overhaul.esp
* Immersive Whiterun.esp
* Immersive Solstheim.esp
* BooksOfSkyrim.esp
* Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
* Immersive Weapons.esp
* SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp
* RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
* imp_helm_legend.esp
* Cloaks.esp
* Ket_ARMONIZER_LListsNPC.esp
* SMIM-Merged-All.esp
* SFO - Dragonborn.esp
* Flowery Dragonbridge.esp
* VariousGuardReplacer.esp
* Immersive Patrols II.esp
* SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
* Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
* SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
* Sleeping Innkeepers.esp
* BorderSense.esp
* Serana.esp
* Grass_On_Steroids_SFO-SHORT.esp
* ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp
* ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
* ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
* WetandCold - Ashes.esp
* Unique Grasses.esp
* VioLens.esp
* Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
* DeadlyCombat.esp
* attack commitment movement speed fluid 3.esp
* RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.esp
* TKDodge.esp
* Insanity's Shields.esp
* BDYEB Viking Pack.esp
* Cleric Armours - Credo.esp
* DK_Armor_By_Hothtrooper44.esp
* Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
* Shields of Jorrvaskr by Hothtrooper44.esp
* ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
* NirShor-MusicalLore.esp
* Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
* 1nivWICCloaks.esp
* 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
* TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
* Beards.esp
* DeadlyCombat_ASIS_Patch.esp
* ASIS-Dependency.esp

• 4 weeks later...

SKSE is definitely NOT causing crashes, you need it, and I'm pretty sure absolutely no mod conflicts with it (the only reason I say pretty sure is because technically it's impossible for anyone to say with certainty as there are literally hundreds of thousands of mods between the nexus, workshop, LL, and foreign sites). You're probably dealing with a conflict and/or errors. You shouldn't have it enabled for general gameplay but since you're having crashes, go ahead and turn papyrus logging on to check out what's going on under the hood. TES5edit has a handy log analyzer. Load up anything, it doesn't matter, hold shift while hitting OK so it doesn't build reference info, right click, other, log analyzer, papyrus, point it to your papyrus log.0, and hit the "analyze" button-- it'll give you a sexy little readout that humans can interpret. Here's the definitive guide to log warnings and errors by Arthmoor http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4129-skyrim-interpreting-papyrus-log-errors/ Also, since your crash seems to be location specific, you should try going through your load order and individually checking your mods for errors (right click, check for errors). It could be a deleted navmesh, your city overhauls are safe but I don't recognize all of your plugins. A handy (indispensable to me) tool is Merge Plugins. Even if you don't plan on merging anything it has a handy script for checking for/removing some errors you would normally have to do by hand and I find myself using it for that even if I'm not merging anything, it's so much faster. Mator (its creator) also made a great YT video on removing errors by hand if you need to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7pz4JGSEM Also, I thoroughly reccomend Crash Fixes-- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/? it's new, but I tested the everliving SH*T out of this thing and it does seem to have a stabilizing effect. You can check out the nuts of bolts of each change and turn them on/off with its INI. It increases load times for some people. I don't notice much change but my load times have always been long.

Your texture issue almost has to be native to EBT, I don't recognize anything that would conflict. Missing textures are a problem with assets (loose files or .bsas) and them not being theere or not being able to be looked up properly, reinstalling EBT might fix it.

Obligatory warning, don't mess with ugrids (especially if you have as many cloak scripts in your setup as you do), or your ini in general any more than you have to. I actually set mine down to 3 and use DynDOLOD for distant terrain. The most common memory tweak for papyrus will break your game (I have no idea why it's so popular).

That being said, your load order has a couple issues and you're using a few mods I wouldn't recommend for stability.

See you sleep and sleep tight do similar things and might conflict, you should pick one. I know you're like "but Katy, that doesn't have anything to do with Riverwood crashes" and the answer is it might, problems with random mods can effect how seemingly unrelated mods behave when you're mixing them, both of those mods are scripted, and one uses polling. See you sleep is known to cause issues on some saves, it's an old mod. Anything that uses a power and dialogue boxes for its options instead of an MCM should be treated with caution. Many are perfectly fine (IE ACE BYOG, showracemenu alternative), but it's a sign that the mod may have been made before the better tools we have now were available and could cause issues, so be cautious. I recommend LPSleep as it's newer and more lightweight than the older sleep mods, that's what I use.

Deadly combat causes save bloat. Yes, for real. See dangerous_mods_masterlist - skyrimmods

Here's what I use instead http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3755640-which-is-more-heavy-script-for-this-combat-mods/ Obviously don't believe everything you read on the internet but if you test this out yourself it's provable, I was able to artificially bloat an old save with all 3, so I made my own setup and it works great and is much more lightweight.

RBB has caused me issues in the past. Since the conversion to USLEEP it needs to have its masters swapped, but I could never get it to work without errors. I love the mod idea so much, I tried really hard.... But I had framerate issues near docks and crashes I suspect may have been cause by it. Nothing I can prove, just a general story, make your own judgement. The ruffled feather (WATER) makes small boats bob but I don't have much in the way of substitution suggestions I'm afraid.

Your crash is pretty generic, general CTD behavior, so it'll be hard to pin down I'm afraid. Location-specific crashes can be a memory overload from too much clutter combined with HD textures, so that's possible, and they can also commonly be navmesh deletions, which are pretty advanced to fix on your own but if you're feeling froggy here: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/3337-skyrim-fixing-navmesh-deletion-using-tes5edit/ and here:

The last is much simpler, an alternative method, but it isn't always applicable and can't fix everything. The answer to my comment that no one replied to is there is no way to tell and in that case this method shouldn't be used.

Good luck, hope that helps.