Way to gain Chanter's Board quests if Chanter's Board is missing

Kajana

I would think there would be a way to do this through a console command, like with the random encounters, but I can't find it.

The Chanter's Board in Redcliffe never shows up post attack. I think that it has to do with a conflict with mods that I have. Not much of an issue but there are a couple quests on that board that are not elsewhere.

If anyone knows how to do this or can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

I have no doubt it does. I use all the 'Advanced' mods, IA and tons of others that I can't play the game without. But I don't want to uninstall/remove them to get these couple quests back. I don't use EDS, but for Advanced Tactics I'd have to redo the tactics and since I have about 50 per character, that's a chore, even disabling Advanced Quickbar means I'd have to re-set up the quickbar afterwards. For the most part everything else works it is just this one thing.

So I was hoping that there was a quick and easy way to trigger those quests, if not, well, not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the info! :wink:

There is also a Redcliffe Village enhancement mod that changes Core/SP resources within Redcliffe Village. It could be in the "ton of others that I can't do without" group. Anything that changes Core resources especially associated with Chantry Quests and/or Redcliffe Village could be the culprit.

Bet it's IA that's causing the problem. That's the one that affects all different parts of the game. The others you named only affect specific, non-plot-related parts.

Except that I have disabled the 'Advanced' mods and the board shows up even with IA installed. So it isn't IA, at least not by itself. I would think it is like Denerim in that it could be the cumulative effect of all the mods I have. Regardless, my problem is that it is not worth disabling those mods and then enabling and having to re-do them to get the quest.

So I wanted to see if there is an easy way to get the quest, if not, that's fine, but thought I'd ask.

There is also a Redcliffe Village enhancement mod that changes Core/SP resources within Redcliffe Village. It could be in the "ton of others that I can't do without" group. Anything that changes Core resources especially associated with Chantry Quests and/or Redcliffe Village could be the culprit.

It isn't.

Certain changes made by IA get "baked-in" to your save if it is active when you make it, and those stay as a part of that playthrough whether you disable/remove it later or not.

If you EVER had IA installed when playing this character it could be the source of the problem.

I use "Even More Advanced Tactics" instead of "Advanced Tactics." I also use "Advance Quickbar." I did not have issues with those mods installed alongside IA. As theskymoves said in the thread I linked, this seems more likely to be an issue of "overloading" the event manager. Absent uninstalling IA (generally not recommended in the midst of a campaign), your best bet is to temporary remove mods from your override folder (by moving the subfolder outsides of the override folder--I am assuming here that you manually installed override mods into their own subfolders inside the override folder), rather than uninstall the dazip mods, to test and see if temporarily removing any of those mods might ease the event manager congestion and allow the Chantry board in Redcliffe to reappear again.

Edited by ripple

Certain changes made by IA get "baked-in" to your save if it is active when you make it, and those stay as a part of that playthrough whether you disable/remove it later or not.

If you EVER had IA installed when playing this character it could be the source of the problem.

I guess you didn't actually read what I wrote, I said that I can un-enable the 'Advanced' mods and the board will show up regardless of whether IA is installed or not. I wouldn't I uninstall IA during a playthrough but since it has happened both with IA and without, it probably wouldn't help anyway.

I do think that it is an over taxing issue with the event manager however, it isn't worth going through my override to find if removing one or more mods would let the board show up (it is a big override, and I have several dazips that are probably contributing).

I was just wondering if there was a quick easy way to activate the quest (like with the random encounters) if not, then I won't do it.