Windows 10 Problems

ThD17gj692

Game crashes more frequently and when try to restart game usually have to go back 3 or more save games to restart. Frequently, about 1/3 of the time, restarting a saved game results in a blank screen. When call up task manager get a blank window with a small pane in upper left hand corner. If this happens have to reboot my computer. Since upgrading to Win10 have not been able to complete any quest beyond retrieving Riverwood Trader golden claw. Have started 5 new games with alternate starts since updating about a week ago, all with same results.

Use SKSE and ENB memory managers and before updating from win7 to Win 10 could go for days without crashing. Never had a problem with Task Manager not starting either.

Not what you want to hear and others may not agree, but if your using older games and programs and are not interested using your computer like a mobile phone or tablet, then rollback to win 7.

Win 8 up to win 10 sucks donkey balls imho.

Nothing but bad memory management due to crappy app layer implementation over the desktop all in the name of os security to have a pos cross platform app framework.

In general I'm finding multitasking in these OS absolutely shitful stability wise in comparison to win 7 or even Win XP handled multitasking better for the apps and game I use.

It's absolutely digusting that an OS can go that far backwards over years of devlopment.

Yes I'm disgruntled after putting up with Win 8.1 for 3 months and win 10 for 4 weeks...

I've since DL'd a win 7 x64 SP1 and removed those pos win 8 and win 10 and have not had a single mystery app memory nag, CK is back to stable (well as stable as it can be),

I can now run 3 instances of CK, Skyrim, Blender, multiple instances of NifSkope, TESVEdit, Firefow, my background tools to make windows easier to do mundane tasks all at the same time and not once have I been nagged about system stability or has any of these things app crashed all on 8GB ram.

(I use to do the same on my old hardware with 3GB memory with win 7 al be it slower, but stable)

With Win 8.1 or Win 10 half my crap would crash intermittently without wartning when runninng everything at once.

Yet any single thing on it's own would run fine without issue.

Leads me to believe the newer OS have bad memory management when multi tasking under load.

Prior to coming to that deduction, I wasted many hours doing hardware load tests, reading threads about similar probs and started thinking my hardware was at fault.

But after rolling back, I can say all that f'n testing was a waste of time and it it's just plain and simple that Win 8.1 and Win10 are not fit for public use unless your using that pos app framework and your only using newly developed progams and apps made for the newer enviroments.

In which case I'm not ready to let go of the stuff I use and move on.

Edited by sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE

Even windows 8 would be better than windows 10 just make sure that you are updated to 8.1 and your good to go. You can get a start menu replacer called start menu 8 just remember to uncheck all the checkmarks after you install it and restart one time. They try to spam you with a bunch of crappy software that doesn't do anything after you finish install and restart once.

Where did you find the Win7 download? Are there any known issues with rolling back on a newer platform? I'm running on an HP Envy that came with Win8 factory installed.

From Microsoft just use your retail product key (oem key won't work) and you can dl the iso image.

I had multiple keys for how many times I've purchased Win7 x64 for different pc's I've had.

It's a joke though, hell i don't even use a key to install win 7 and I usually customize the install before creating a usb boot install.

Strip all the crap i don't use or want, add any, system specific drivers, patches and updates and have my basic apps I use preinstall.

So plug USb stick in boot PC and walk away, come back later and I'm at the desktop with no nags, no balloon tips, no animation, just a quick and snappy system that does nothing in the background and never nags or prompts you for stupid repetative actions :smile:

Edited by sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE

Thanks for responding. You are right about not broke---don't fix. Use NMM and the next update mentioned Win10 or newest dotnet; figured "why not upgrade to Win10"---so I did.

Is there a way to go back to win 7 without dl it. Have only OEM and did not make a backup of Win7 before upgrading. There should be an image of the original Win7 shipped with my HP on my D partition, but that probably would not have all the updates. What about setting up a dual boot---would that be worthwhile?

Read somewhere on net that someone did a rollback to win7, no problem---did not say how it was done. Does anyone know how to do it?

How about our NEXUS gurus do they have opinions or advice on using Win10, or is that a politically touchy subject?

When you start up your computer click on the power button on the right side? maybe it is on the menu now on the left side... anyway find that power button and when you click on it, the three options are shutdown restart and sleep I think. While holding down the shift key on your keyboard, click on the restart option. The computer should say "please wait" instead of what it normally says when you restart. After that it should show some menus which should give you access to rolling back. Back up your data before you do this though since it might erase things.

You could also press the esc key just after you turn on your computer to get the hp menu where the recovery option is located.

• 3 months later...

I bought an alienware x51 r3 that came preloaded with windows 10.I hate windows 10.I feel like every time I use it more of my soul is sucked from body and given to the sh**bags at MS.My good friend,Hugh,sold me an unopened copy of Window 7 Home Prem 64.I wanted to ask if anyone has erased 10 and gone back to 7 and or rolled back from 10 to 7.I wanted to see what their thoughts were.Any help would be...helpful.

I bought an alienware x51 r3 that came preloaded with windows 10.I hate windows 10.I feel like every time I use it more of my soul is sucked from body and given to the sh**bags at MS.My good friend,Hugh,sold me an unopened copy of Window 7 Home Prem 64.I wanted to ask if anyone has erased 10 and gone back to 7 and or rolled back from 10 to 7.I wanted to see what their thoughts were.Any help would be...helpful.

Upgrading to Win7 is perfectly doable, as long as you have the appropriate drivers for Win7. If you don't know exactly your components, you can use something like Speccy to see your hardware models. Once you have them, you need to get and install, drivers for:

- Motherboard (they usually contain chipset, LAN, onboard audio, USB and SATA drivers).

- GPU (graphics card).

- Audio (if you use standalone audio card).

- Ethernet (LAN driver) (if you don't use the motherboar's ethernet, but a standalone card).

- Other devices (printer, scanner, possibly mouse and keyboard if you have fancy ones with special functions).

- If you have AMD FX CPU, you also need the 2 Microsoft "Bulldozer hotfixes", to optimize the task scheduler and core parking. If you have Intel, i am not aware of special requirements, unless you want to find an application for core unparking.

And that's it. Win10 has even problem with FNIS and Mod Organizer. FNIS' author said he stops support for Mod Organizer in Win10, as it's not working properly. Win 10 breaks not just games, but several applications that hook to the kernel or use drivers to run. Microsoft was more interested in optimal data mining and harvesting development, than compatibility with previous windows.

All these drivers, should already exist in some CDs that you should get when buying a pre-built PC. However, these will now be obsolete, so the best course of action, is go to the website of each component and grab the latest versions for Win7 from there, save them in a DVD or USB Flash and have them ready for when you install Win7.

Edited by Legedur