What is your favourite quest in oblivion?

deadramage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. As has been stated a lot, "Whodunit" is by far numero uno. It's especially fun if you're using fancy clothes instead of armor.

2. The one where you stage Baelin's "accident" is fun (you can see the head fall if you peak through the boards, by the way).

3. I also like the second Dark Brotherhood mission, the one where you sneak onto the pirate's ship.

4. Maybe Dark Brotherhood missions are just cool period, because I also enjoyed the one where you sneak back into prison to kill a certain little annoyance.

5. Taking back Kvatch deserves a special mention, not because of the quest's content itself, but because one time while I was doing it, the sun rose VERY dramatically over the ruins (even took some screenshots). It was absolutely amazing seeing that with OBGE on.

6. Killing Umbra is certainly an epic fight, not to mention the rewards you get (from Umbra, anyway - Clavicus Vile can go shove it), plus the puns of the town and the ruins...

7. [insert all of the Thieves' Guild quests except for the very last one which I've never completed here.]

8. Sanguine and Sheogorath also deserve a special mention for their shrine quests.

I've been playing Oblivion for a long time, but I've never finished a single quest line except the Mages' Guild and I've yet to even touch Shivering Isles...I'm kind of afraid to go there at the wrong level (apparently the rewards you get are level-scaled, plus there are new enemies that may or may not be tough, but I don't want to use my high level characters since they have so much stuff to carry around now, plus they already have super-good gear). Maybe I'll get some new favorites soon.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Obviously Whodunit is my number one. Be able to see the fear in the guests ansdmore and more of them die. Futhermore being able to play on thier hates and fears to make them think someone else has done it and get them to kill for you. They feel safe now and then BANG, Blade of Woe to the spine. :biggrin:

I also enjoyed Baiting the Trap. As cruel as it is, it fun making them go insane or get killed in "inventive" ways. The fact I enjoy that is probably not healthy, but hey. :rolleyes:

Personally, I like the war-like quests, like the battle for Kvatch. THAT was fun. I want a war battleground mod. That would be fun. Like, being right in the middle of a huge battle? Beast. Any of those mods around? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

All of them lol. Nah, I'll just point them out.

The last one for the Thieve's Guild- best quest in the game. Stealing an Elder Scroll is awesome in every way.

The DB quest everyone keeps saying- where you're in a house party an have to kill the guests. Always funny.

The last Shivering Isles quest. Becoming a Daedric Prince is awesome, even if it means the Madgod.

• 5 months later...