Mods don't work after 1.3 patch.

KillasofCreepas

I had previously had some trouble installing a lot of my mods but I eventually fixed those problems by downloading the Fallout 4 configuration tool. Now that the Fallout 4 1.3 patch is released, most mods are not working at all, with a few exceptions. I presume that this is because the Fallout 4 configuration tool isn't working, and, therefore the rest of the mods that it had fixed in the last update don't work either. Is there any official way to fix this problem, or am I stuck with a bunch of mods that don't work and saves that are now also broken because of their now-missing files?

The mods still don't work when I use Nexus Mod Manager to launch the game. I have, however, figured out a way to launch the game using the Fallout 4 configuration tool. This doesn't fix the problem, though, so my previous statement about it not working because of the Fallout 4 configuration tool's absence is false.

the game wont even load anymore for me. I told steam to give me a refund.

I verified the game cache on steam and all is good once again. As far as I can tell anyway. Everything was reset to default but all the mods seem to be working.

Edited by robhartman9

Getting a refund for a game because you put in modded content BEFORE mod support was even fully added, and likely is very fixable anyway, seems a bit ridiculous... I am sorry if that seems rude, its your choice, but damn. Thats like buying a car, opening its engine and putting in new parts, then complaining it doesnt run and you want your money back o.O

My point isnt to bash you, but just saying, you should take alittle time to sort the issue out before jumping to a refund for the game. I mean, you could uninstall the mods, and reinstall them over time..I imagine its something as simple as your ini's or txt file being changed though..

Edited by JuJooGuppy

The PC version of FO4 does NOT officially support mods (yet), so forget about refunds using that reason.

Beth is simply being childish with their treatment of unofficial mods, doing what they can to make the TECHNICALLY INCOMPETENT gamer have problems with their mods. Beth has made it clear that in their (faulty) opinion, modding for FO4 doesn't begin until beth have released the official tools.

To be frank, if you cannot seek out and understand the childishly simple instructions to keep your mods working, you shouldn't be using mods at this time- full stop.