Coming Soon: XCOM 2 Nexus, New File Uploading Functionality.

SirSalami

In response to post #34165705. #34177560 is also a reply to the same post.

Groogo wrote: The Long War mod saved the last X-COM from one play and done.
TommInfinite wrote: Actually I didn't quite like the Long War.Yes, it makes bigger room for tactics but I didn't like the pace. You have far more missions to complete (if you want your soldier to keep up with the aliens) and the game becomes routine. In vanilla XCOM I anticipated another UFO landing. Now I say "Oh, not again". But I loved changes in gameplay and new type of weapons - with Long War you need to really think ahead on what items to give your soldiers before the mission.

@Tomm
that's why there was "not so long war" later replaced by "dynamic war"

+ the extensive commenting in the ini files to help finetune long war to each one's taste

The new XCOM was terrible. Long War saved it, but it still had tons of flaws.

XCOM2 looks like the game the new XCOM should've been. Still has flaws and design decisions I don't like (2 move system, no inventory, simplistic base building which is even more simplified than the original), but it looks like it will now actually be a good game without mods.

And, they finally embraced modding I hear, so the game should become even better over time.

Edited by DAOWAce

In response to post #34209940.

DAOWAce wrote: The new XCOM was terrible. Long War saved it, but it still had tons of flaws.

XCOM2 looks like the game the new XCOM should've been. Still has flaws and design decisions I don't like (2 move system, no inventory, simplistic base building which is even more simplified than the original), but it looks like it will now actually be a good game without mods.

And, they finally embraced modding I hear, so the game should become even better over time.

XCOM2 is awesome BUT!

The timers make the game less Tactical and more Run and Gun.

In response to post #34209940. #34213495 is also a reply to the same post.

DAOWAce wrote: The new XCOM was terrible. Long War saved it, but it still had tons of flaws.

Darkarhon wrote: XCOM2 is awesome BUT!

The timers make the game less Tactical and more Run and Gun.

True!