Lydia won't follow

dueldragon

As the title said, lydia won't follow me. no matter how much i tell her "follow me" i sent her back to dragonsreach at the begining of the game cause i didn't want a follower, but now i want a servant. I came to call her only to realize she's been "following" me the whole time. like, it had the option "it's time for us to part ways" but no matter how many times i chose it, nothing happened. she won't follow. i told her to wait, then to follow me. nothing. sometimes she gets up from one dining table to sit at the other dining table. but nothing works. and i don't feel like going for a different hold and do quests for a jarl and become a thane again. Only things i can think of that are causing this are either leftover scripts from the deleted multiple followers mod or sofia.

As the title said, lydia won't follow me. no matter how much i tell her "follow me" i sent her back to dragonsreach at the begining of the game cause i didn't want a follower, but now i want a servant. I came to call her only to realize she's been "following" me the whole time. like, it had the option "it's time for us to part ways" but no matter how many times i chose it, nothing happened. she won't follow. i told her to wait, then to follow me. nothing. sometimes she gets up from one dining table to sit at the other dining table. but nothing works. and i don't feel like going for a different hold and do quests for a jarl and become a thane again. Only things i can think of that are causing this are either leftover scripts from the deleted multiple followers mod or sofia.

Hmmmm. Are you currently using any follower mods that could be causing issues? You said you have leftover scripts. Try using this Save Game Script Cleaner. Remember; backup your saves before doing so!

Hope this helps!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

Hmmmm. Are you currently using any follower mods that could be causing issues? You said you have leftover scripts. Try using this Save Game Script Cleaner. Remember; backup your saves before doing so!

Hope this helps!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

Tried using it, with backuping my save, Nothing. it did remove some stuff and fix other stuff. but lydia still won't follow. all i can guess now is sofia, or a game glitch.

Nah man the left over script isnt deleted 100%. This is because lydia are attached to the multiple follower script that isnt there anymore so it gets all messed up. Try making a new game. It should work now.

NEVER remove scripted mods mid-gameplay. And when you do uninstall them make sure their scripts are totally removed from your data folder.

Nah man the left over script isnt deleted 100%. This is because lydia are attached to the multiple follower script that isnt there anymore so it gets all messed up. Try making a new game. It should work now.

NEVER remove scripted mods mid-gameplay. And when you do uninstall them make sure their scripts are totally removed from your data folder.

You 'can' technically remove some scripted mods from your game. You just need to carefully follow the uninstallation procedure and clean your saves afterwards and everything should be good.

Yeah sure but it wont be perfectly clean good as new. This is the problem with scripted mods.

But yeah there are still debates about this matter but my based on my experience there is no such thing as 'clean save' for scripted mods.

As i said, i am *not* going to create a new game. I have gone too far and i don't feel like going through the s#*! of leveling up my smithing one handed enchanting gathering gold etc'. i would like to try deleting the script manually. And i also found something interesting. i went to my house, teleported lydia to me and she just walked out the house, and kept on foot for dragonsreach to sit on these god damned chairs again

I know what that feels man. I once had a level 80 character. I have completed all main quest and guild quests and dawnguard too. I was still new to the modding thing back then. I only had a short modlist back then. However i started to uninstall some and install new ones and ysed the same charm the effects didnt appear immidiately but the game began to bug later on.

I have been restarting skyrim over and over and over again. When i need to start over despite all the progress i have made, i have the same reaction as you.

I am sorry, but sometimes this is inevitable. I do hope you can fix this without starting over. I really do :)

P.s: have u tried putting this in the console:

Set playerfollowercount to 0

And then if lydia is still bugged try "recycleactor" or "resurrect"

I know what that feels man. I once had a level 80 character. I have completed all main quest and guild quests and dawnguard too. I was still new to the modding thing back then. I only had a short modlist back then. However i started to uninstall some and install new ones and ysed the same charm the effects didnt appear immidiately but the game began to bug later on.

I have been restarting skyrim over and over and over again. When i need to start over despite all the progress i have made, i have the same reaction as you.

I am sorry, but sometimes this is inevitable. I do hope you can fix this without starting over. I really do :)

P.s: have u tried putting this in the console:

Set playerfollowercount to 0

And then if lydia is still bugged try "recycleactor" or "resurrect"