Hello! I finally figured out how to use the "user metadata" in LOOT so that it correctly loads a certain group of mods, how do I let the LOOT team know? I've been to their GitHub page about "Masterlist Editing". It's not very noob friendly (I can't code yet but i'm trying, don't want to mess up their very organized method with my fumbling). Also I don't own the mods, this is just a suggestion of how these mods can be successfully used together. Some weren't created with the other in mind, some were and LOOT wasn't putting them in the right place. Basically I figured out how to have a child follower and use RS Children, and use Immersive Armors on the child. I noticed that quite a few people on these mod pages needed the load order and I guess I could post this on every mod page, but maybe if they all use LOOT it will do it automatically once LOOT knows the correct way? I dunno, please help me!

Please note, this load order uses a RS Children Overhaul file that has been patched for USLEEP, using the Tes5edit script for USLEEP. (the patch made by users in the post section of RSChildren probably also works, I don't think the mod author will be coming back to patch it) Also RSChildren has an installer and certain things need to be checked or unchecked to get the right files to install.....

------------------------------------------------

These files from Children Overhaul-(Fighting Version)

--children followers - voicevanilla.esm
--children followers -resources.esm

Masterfile from RS Children Overhaul
--RSkyrimChildren.esm

This file from Convenient Horses

-- Convenient Horses.esp

These files from Immersive Armors

--Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

--Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

This file from Immersive Armor- Child Playable

--Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilationCHILDRENPATCH.esp

These files from Amazing Follower Tweaks

--AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
--AFT_NoDances.esp (i find my children growing to adult height and sticking that way with these dances)

These files from Children Overhaul- (fighting version)
--children followers - clones.esp
--children followers - hearthfires.esp
--childrenfollowers - vanilla.esp

These files from RS Children Overhaul
--RSChildren - Complete.esp
--RSChildren_PlayableOverride.esp

This file from Armor and Clothing for Kids
--Armor and Clothing for RSChildren - Playable Override + All DLC Patches.esp

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have found this is the order it must go in so the changes will take place. My kid follower (Hroar from Honorhall Orphanage) will ride a horse, fight by my side (well somewhat behind me with a bow and arrow) and he even helps me when I gather deadwood in Frostfall. He eats (too much lol) with iNeed when I manage his inventory and put food in his "Standard Outfit" --- outfits come from AFT. He holds my stuff (but has a limit, it's high but it's not infinite). This is really cute, I have a mod from Steam Workshop called "Become a Bard" and he plays the lute a little bit when I do. He has all his "flavor" text that children have so sometimes he'll ask to play games when in the city you can play tag with him. Because I took him out of the Orphanage before completing Aventus Arentino's quest he still talks about Grelod.... I'm not sure if it matters because I don't ever want to do the Dark Brotherhood quest on this play-through and I'm not sure if I'll ever own a house. Please post here and let me know if kids taken from the orphanage using Children Overhaul's spellbook are adoptable after you complete the Dark Brotherhood quest

I have other mods in between (the HighResTexutrePacks seem to want to go after the RSChildren Masterfile but before Immersive Armors) but I don't think they matter to a person who just wants a fighting child follower.

As an added bonus, if you want to make changes to a child npc in Creation Kit using the RS Children "look", that personal mod has to go after all of these. For example, RS Children made Hroar have black spikey anime hair and a slimmer eye shape (like the pictures of Aventus on the mod page) so I made my own personal mod to make him look more stereotypical Nord and use vanilla Nord hair. Here is the tutorial to change the look of your kid. http://oneneatcat.tumblr.com/post/53692040731/how-to-change-an-npcs-face-in-skyrim but instead of "Skyrim" and "Update" choose "RSkyrimChildren.esm" as your main data file.

As you can see, some mods are split up, and some mods quite clearly say they are dependent on RSChildren (like the Armor and Clothing for Kids) but LOOT was putting it at the top of the list above the masterfile for RSChildren until I set the metadata "REQUIRES: RSSkyrimChildren.esm, RSChildren-Complete.esp, RSChildren_playableoverride.esp"

TL;DR

Please let me know how I, a noob, can contribute to LOOT, or please help me write this load order in the "code/techy" way they have on their Github page.

Edited by amakachao

• 3 months later...