Save game bloat Need Help

ChaosDAce

Hi so I started a new modded skyrim play-through about two weeks ago. Im level 42 now, no problems so far except occasional crashes.

I Save frequently and keep a close eye on my save file. It has kept steady at around 12,500 killobites, with very slow incremental growth. I have just started the Esbern part of the main quest, and confronted the thieves guild with Karliah, etc. I just noticed my save file all of a sudden jumped to 25,000 kilobytes very quickly. So I deleted all those big files and reloaded on the save file that looked like it was before it started bloating. Played a few minutes and it jumped 2000 kilobytes again.

How do i figure out why this is happening so I can stop it and prevent it???? What can I do? I'd like to keep going with this character.

The Papyrus Diagnostic Tool http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/? can tell you of growing threads from the specific mod that is generating them.

Yeah so I noticed my riften home mod, the mannequins were glitching, removed the mod, cleaned the save file and its all fine now. I've heard that mannequins cause a lot of problems, but there are almost no good player home mods without them and Id like to use mannequins. How do i figure out which mods with mannequins are safe, or are they all messed up?

Make sure to clean your scripts if you removed any mods.

Don't worry about that size, some can play to 100 MB, be weary though.

That's strange! I've never had mine go above 15MB, although I run the cleaner once a week and keep a shorter list of mods (35-60 mods)...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I don't use a lot of the mods others use like those change just about everything mods or change magic this and combat that mods.

Some people claim to be using 200+ mods...

http://i.imgur.com/FB5IGMg.png

Nobody has time for 200 mods. How in Oblivion am I supposed to believe that you use every single one?