Off the Wall Personal Mod Req. -- a Shield. a patriotic Shield

PoppaSmirk

Hello, to all the very talented MOD Authors, I'd like to make sort of a personal request. I'm hoping that maybe this idea will catch the eye of some enterprising Modder and become reality.

When I started my PC playthrough of Fallout 4, I went through the opening sequence of story narrative. I discovered ...my Player/Hero is descended from a long line of military service, with special notice given to an ancestor that fought in World War 2. *imagination goes PING* Then I find that my Player/Hero is due to be a speaker at the local VFW on the day that the bombs fall, giving rise to the idea that my Player/Hero could be a bit of a war hero. *imagination PINGS again* Then through no fault of his/her own, my Player/Hero becomes trapped in a situation that leaves him frozen and when he/she finally awakens, He (or She) is a "Person out of Their Time". *imagination goes PING once more*.....So then after exploring the Vault I finally start to head out into the upper world and...they give me the option to change my Player/Heros name. I grin. Suddenly my game play has new meaning, as 'Stephen Rogers' makes his way into the Fallout 4 world.

Some of you have already guessed where I am going with this. I am playing the game as a descendant of Steve Rogers, aka Captain America. So, I would like to request a MOD that allows shields in general to be used in Fallout 4, and more specifically, I would like that same mod to have a sort of a minor quest to find (or to create) a very special heavy duty shield (that can be painted with a patriotic color scheme) and used within the game.

yes, I know this is sort of a single-minded Mod idea, but the usage of a shield isn't a bad idea. I'm not asking for the ability to toss it around like a frisbee and produce multiple richochets between enemies. I'm playing with the idea that my Hero is a descendant, not the actual Captain America.

Anyway, if nothing else I think this idea is creative, and who knows...a lot of people might like carrying a shield in their game.

Thanks for reading :)

P.S. a mod that creates a vault style skintight costume/uniform with a bit of a 'Commander America' theme would also be greatly appreciated....lol

It might be pretty simple to make as the shield isn't much more than a convex circle with some sort of handle, but the use of it would likely be limited to melee weapon. It could be made as throwable object even with possibility to pick it back up, but it would likely require GECK or some snazzy script to be able to set the weapon as throwable ammo/grenade that would also consume the weapon itself when thrown. Using the shield in protective manner with block might be doable so that it would give armor bonus when blocking (besides possible passive bonus), but would likely require GECK or script as well.

It might be pretty simple to make as the shield isn't much more than a convex circle with some sort of handle, but the use of it would likely be limited to melee weapon. It could be made as throwable object even with possibility to pick it back up, but it would likely require GECK or some snazzy script to be able to set the weapon as throwable ammo/grenade that would also consume the weapon itself when thrown. Using the shield in protective manner with block might be doable so that it would give armor bonus when blocking (besides possible passive bonus), but would likely require GECK or script as well.

I thought the Shield itself would be a very "do-able" thing, as you said its only a convex circle, and I hadn't really even considered using it in-game as a throwing weapon although I can see that is also possible considering the number of thrown projectiles from Fallout New Vegas. Mostly I wanted the shield for looks and for the ability to use it for a defensive bonus. The concept just fit in so well with my idea of my Player/Hero being a descendant of Captain America *grin* Of course I will be delighted if I can also get someone to create the Patriotic Jumpsuit also (ala Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie, done in blue and silver)

+1 for giving me a *ping*..

If someone could make this..and so kindly make a riot shield as well that either gives high Damage protection or stops bullets. With or without also wielding a weapon. I would be the most thankful person on the nexus.

Started modelling the shield, the high-poly & low-poly are pretty much ready (still bit uncertain of the handle design) and I have started working on the textures. I'm probably going to experiment bit more with the reflection maps than what I've usually done, and there's still plenty to do. Progress so far (rendered with Blender):

http://i.imgur.com/NnlbOip.png

Higher resolution render: http://imgur.com/DPcV0p4

Started modelling the shield, the high-poly & low-poly are pretty much ready (still bit uncertain of the handle design) and I have started working on the textures. I'm probably going to experiment bit more with the reflection maps than what I've usually done, and there's still plenty to do. Progress so far (rendered with Blender):

http://i.imgur.com/NnlbOip.png

Higher resolution render: http://imgur.com/DPcV0p4

ohhhhhh I'm already drooling. Thank You ! Looks fan-flippin-tastic.

Maybe I just missed them, but I have a feeling the police had a lot of riot shields. Would love to see them added.

I think that is a good assumption, given that in the opening narrative at the start of the game it specifically mentions that the years right before the Great War were filled with civil unrest due to a big economic downturn. I'm a bit surprised there aren't any riot shields to be found in the Cambridge Police building. Then again, it is 210 years AFTER the bombs fell, so most items of value have been looted. Still, if you can find unopened Nuka-Cola all around, you should be able to find a riot shield somewhere *lol*