Hi fellow modders! I'm Yopoman and I am a Skyrim modder, but I've switched to Fallout 4 and while I'm best at player homes, quests, sound mods, and texture mods, I've been wanting to expand into weapons mods to take advantage of FO4's lovely weapons modding potential.

I want to see a specific handgun added to the game as a mod, the latest model S&W M&P (Military & Police) .40. If anyone is already working on adding this mod to the game I'd like to offer my assistance with texture design and potentially, sound recording. I own one of these, exactly the same as the one picture plus a tactical LED flashlight from Streamlight attached to the forward Picatinny rail. I can take HD photos of my personal M&P .40 and I can also do stereo HQ sound recordings of the action, trigger, reloading, slide movement, and sheathe/unsheathe sounds. I don't have a reliable way of recording sounds of it firing as I have to drive a really long way to get to an outdoor shooting area without any sound pollution from other shooters, the city, vehicles, planes etc... as I live in a major city, but I think other .40 caliber handgun firing sounds could be used in place of it, it's not THAT unique of a firing sound.

If anyone is already working on this, or wants to work on this and has a 3D model or has the time and knowhow to model this and get it into the game, I'd love to work with you or at least provide assistance with sounds, textures, and ballistic data/info.

Does anyone else want to see this firearm added to Fallout 4? I like Glocks, and I like Berettas, and I love the Vanilla handguns but it would just be so enjoyable to shoot this cool-looking, great handling, and real-world high quality, high reliability handgun in Fallout's world. I would squeal like an excited little schoolgirl if I eventually get to shoot an ingame M&P at some super mutants lol.

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/prodimages/19577-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Here's some information and a rotating 360' view from the S&W website:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_766345_-1_757955_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Thanks for your time,

Yopoman

Hey, I see you mentioned needing a modeler for this in another thread. Anyhow, I'm kind of rusty on my modeling skills (I also am learning on new software :/) But, I think this would be a great project for me to practice on. Ill try to get more suited on my skills this week and if no one comes along beforehand and makes it I would like to have this done this weekend :P

• 2 years later...