Console key rebind mod

Murielkai

New Vegas is in bad need of a mod that allows you to rebind the console key. With Windows 10 and new laptops with different IR technology coming out people, and not just myself, are having issues with the "tilde" key working correctly in game.

This kind of mod exists for Fallout 3, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim yet I can't seem to find one for NV anywhere. I saw an old post from back before NVSE was developed where someone was asking for one.

How hard would it be to make something like this?

How hard would it be to make something like this?

I don't think it would be hard. Cipscis did some great tutorials on capturing keypresses, it's a small script and I use the same functions for various things in my mods. The caveat being that the tilde will still bring up the console if used (I believe) but now you can map the console function to a new key as well.

I've made one for you: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61365

Functions as devinpatterson describes. I don't know of a way to actually rebind the console key, I'm afraid.

Fast work Ladez, I'm sure the OP will appreciate it. You can also throw up a msg box and capture a/the keypress so the player can enter his/her preferred key if s/he doesn't have MCM and doesn't want to use the set command in the console. Don't know if you want to go through the trouble of firing back up the geck, but just thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to make it a bit more user friendly.