really weird scarred body glitch

zerefnosekai

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue, except that I've no mods anymore and it's still that ugly...

I've dowloaded Glorious Female Nude Mod, Caliente's and Nuclear Nude (not in the same time, eh !) and, in the beginning it was allright, except niples on my chest when I was using Caliente's (CBBE) and wearing Harness Wardrobe, which was fixed when using Glorious (Vanilla shape).

But since I'm using Nuclear, my fully nude textures are just as on the pictures (I can still see my tits when using pants without top, though). It's the exact same s#*! when I get back to Glorious or Caliente's ; I've dowloaded Valkyr Body Texture : same s#*! again.

Now, because I wanted to do some sort of "spring cleaning" for my NMM, I've uninstalled ALL my mods and, just to see if playing in vanilla game would have fixed the issue, I've played in vanilla. With NO mods. And it's still horrifying.

So, what could I do ?

Hi :smile:

Sometimes some files won't completely deleted via uninstalling with the NMM.

Go to your Fallout 4/Data/TEXTURES/actors/character Folder. It should be empty if you uninstalled all Mods which changes Face, Body, Hair, Eyes. If not, make sure it is.

Then do the same in Fallout 4/Data/MESHES/actors/character. And make sure all the content of your Data folder is not set read only. Otherwise this may cause the uninstalling problem.

The problem you describe causes if you got CBBE body mesh, but not the textures for it. The game tries then to draw the Vanilla Texture on it, which not fit.

Same causes with modified clothes which uses CBBE body as base. Vice versa you'll get the same issue, if you use for example the Vanilla raider harness which reveals lot of skin, the game then will draw the CBBE texture on the skin parts.

And using Glorious Body and CBBE Content could be a bit complicated. You must decide either vanilla OR CBBE, mixing causes this texture problem

If you cleaned everything up. Install first either:

- Caliente's CBBE + Converted Vanilla Clothes

Then you can install the CBBE Retexture of your choice. Nuclear, CBBE Innies, etc

Or:

- Caliente's CBBE + Converted Vanilla Clothes, then Glorious CBBE Edition

Then you can install the CBBE Retexture of your choice. Nuclear, CBBE Innies, etc

Or:

- Glorious Vanilla Shape

Then you can install Valkyr Body Retex (its made for Vanilla). And Download only Clothing/Armor mods which are based on vanilla shape body

Sooo... hope this is helpful! :smile:

Edited by Sondra1408

It is ! Thanks a lot, I cleaned my folders like you said => I could see my vanilla skin texture again, and my eyes were thankful with CBBE+Nuclear ;-)

Thanks again, mate !

EDIT : I've still got a file named "actors" in the materials folder, some strings, some video (with <each SPECIAL attributes>.bk2) and a lot of "Fallout4 - Animations.ba2", "Fallout4 - Geometry.csg", ...

Should I delete them all and keep only Fallout4 and Fallout4.esm ?

Edited by Guest

EDIT : I've still got a file named "actors" in the materials folder, some strings, some video (with <each SPECIAL attributes>.bk2) and a lot of "Fallout4 - Animations.ba2", "Fallout4 - Geometry.csg", ...

Should I delete them all and keep only Fallout4 and Fallout4.esm ?

No. You should have the .ba2 files as these are where Fallout 4 stores all of its vanilla assets, if you delete this you won't have Fallout 4 anymore, just an empty engine with no game to run. The videos directory includes the game's standard video files that run when you first load the game, start a new game or finish the game. If you delete these your game may crash when you get to these points.

Everything in your Fallout 4/Data-folder which begins with ''Fallout4...'', so all .ba2 files, the Strings-Folder and Video-Folder containing the base Game Data. Don't never touch them! The data in the Material-Folder containing .BGSM-files which are responsible for putting the correct textures to the correct 3d model. So every mod whiches adds new 3d models or changes textures on existing 3d models will mostly add .bgsm-files in the material-folder too.

• 2 years later...

Hey! I don't know if this will work for your BUT I've been having the exact same issue. Tried any texture mod over CBBE to fix but I was always getting the same thing. Turned out I was using the reduced CBBE (for dismemberment) but didn't notice that the main CBBE file is required as well to use the reduced version. With the reduced CBBE overwriting the main, it works perfectly! Hope that helps!