Oblivion failing to detect my mouse clicks

NamenlosX

now if only NamenIosX reads what others post...

Implying I never did to begin with.

I've tried all posted solutions, including attempting the joystick one regardless of the fact that I don't even own one. All have failed.

Excellent suggestion, GetOutOfTheBox. Scaling the DPI could very well be the culprit, now if only NamenIosX reads what others post...

Yeah, the DPI-scaling issue used to happen to me in Crysis, it didn't effect aim, since mouse positioning is irrelevent in aiming (its simply movement direction), but using the in-game UI (i.e changing gun configs, using the main menu) was infuriatingly difficult. That simple fix made everything better :). It also may remove a performance drain, as unneeded DPI scaling can bog down the video card.

Nuke the drivers for your mouse, and reboot your computer, let windows 're-discover' it. See if that improves its attitude any.

Erm... I really appreciate your suggestions, but I don't think "nuking" the drivers for my mouse and reinstalling/letting windows re-discover them is going to help, since it's ONLY an Oblivion issue.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Is your mouse a wireless mouse? Radio interference from cell phones can disrupt the connection.

Yes, but this also occurs on my laptop's touchpad clicking (both the built-in "tap click" on the touchpad itself and the clicking buttons just under it). The touchpad itself is PS/2.

This actually could be mod related. Post your load order?

I wonder if this is the quest bug in SI...Wrye Bash tweaks it so Oblivion quests aren't active or something. I have never had to use it. You could try stopping quests in Oblivion...? Then go to SI

Edited by MOTOSXORPIO

This little bug hasn't come for a little while now. I've changed around a few of my mods, so perhaps it could be mod related. It's fairly likely it'll come about again.

Should this issue come about again, I'll bump this thread with my load order. Thank you for your support in the mean time.

• 1 year later...