Texture Location?

LeChest

Hello all ^^

Since I have been texturing for a few games a bit, and since I love fallout mods, I really wanted to create my personal touch to the game.

For starters I would love to re-edit the LeatherArmorReinforced texture.

My problem is.. I cant find the texture location anywhere

I was looking in this path:

D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\textures

but I cant find the texturefiles / uvmaps of the original Fallout New Vegas game anywhere.

So I have a few questions for all the wonderful modders out there :D (you inspired me)

- Were could I find the original fallout new vegas textures? The Dds files so I can open them in photoshop and edit them.

- and how must I save my finished texture?

- were to put the finished texture?

- In GECK, can I just open everything as one file (it seems that the model is kind of chopped up)

Looking forward to the responses :D thank you for the help!

You need to unpack fallout - textures.bsa to find the original texture. You can do it with FOMM.

If you want it to replace all vanilla leather reinforced armors in the game, save it back in the same place.

first of all thank you very much for the fast reply! :D

I have FOMM on my computer. But how do I unpack this

(sorry if my questions sound a bit Noobish :P but I am completely new at this xD and I don't want to delete something important from my game by accident)

and does it matter in which folder it will be unpacked?

I want to use the base of the vanilla leather armor reinforced but safe it as another file (then open it in GECK and place it somewere in the world)

It doesn't matter where you unpack it, but somewhere convenient would be good, such as My Documents. Then you can access textures again in the future for further modding, easily. After you modify the relevant texture, save it to the correct pathway within the Data folder of your New Vegas installation. If you are replacing the texture, it must be the same relative pathway as the original, and if it is a new texture you can save it anywhere within Data/Textures (give it a nice named folder preferably. You would then need to update the Pathway for the .nif/object, by either directly editing the .nif, or by creating a texture set within the GECK (probably better in your case) that you then apply to a new object.