I made some pictures of weapons with their respective names for the " save edit swap method " (and some work with additem too) with pyGFF.
This method will only swap model and name of the weapon, not stats or runes-slots.
Tools nedded: pyGFF
Open pyGFF folder, open "editor.exe", and go to your savegame folder, located in
"My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age 2\Characters\[YOUR CHARACTER]\Saves\[THE SAVE YOU WANT TO EDIT]\[THE FILE THAT ENDS WITH ".das"". REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVES!
1. Double-click on the first line
2. Double-click the line "SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR" Then double-click the line "SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR_CHAR"
3. Double-click the line "SAVEGAME_EQUIPMENT_ITEMS", these are all your equipped items. Main weapon is 0 , Off-Hand is 1.Double-click the one you want to change.
4. Click the line "TEMPLATERESREF"
5. Delete the weapon model name in the box and write the one you want.
6. Click the SAVE button
7. The name in the box and in "TEMPLATERESREF" must be the same
8. Go to File -> Save As (Ctrl-Alt-S) and overwrite the file you edit (don't forget the ".das")
If you want to modify the weapon of your teammates in pyGFF ==> Doucle-click the line "SAVEGAME_PARTYLIST" and the line "SAVEGAME_PARTYPOOLMEMBERS", double-click your teammate and do the same as above from line 3 of my tutorial.
Load your savegame and enjoy
Spears (Swords 2h):
I made an archive with all the weapons one by one and named like in game (ex: gen_im_npc_wep_two_quna.jpg) for easy search and copy/paste => Weapon_swap_name (the pictures above are also in my archive).
A BIG THANKS to Ab3n for his tutorial on mod savegame -> How to modify item properties in savegame by Ab3n
Sorry for my bad english ,I'm french.
Edited by martouff, 25 May 2011 - 03:07 PM.