KDStudios

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/249875-1307273405.jpg

Khan!

Literally fell of my chair laughing with that one. XD

And KDS, good luck, I hope this see fruition, I know I'll be getting it when it's done :)

This looks great! I had the same idea a while back but I lack your dedication on seeing it through. The Fallout engine is perfect for Star Trek! Any plans for taking us to space? Maybe even a TC zone? With ONLY Star Trek equipment and quests?

Thanks for the luck Seph, I'm gonna need it :P

Hope your DWC for NV is going well :)

and Ccronin

At least there's universal interest in the mod :)

I will see this through to the end. It may take a few weeks, months maybe. But it will be done.

We will be going to space.

We will be going to other planets.

There will be an adventure.

I'm hoping to get some Ship battles too, when most of the mod is built up I'll be looking at the Zeta scripts and try making a battle between a Federation Ship and a Borg Cube. Without help through it may never happen.

1st sry for mi bad english

I love the idea of a full mod of star trek bro i know this will take time but it will be great, and of course count with my help (i know my limitations but im learning to use the geck and very slowly 3Dmax) .

I am adding rigth now the banner to mi signature for suport the mod.

i will keep in contact.

wow that classic movie unfiorm looks awesome, very good job on this. i see there are some realy talentet modders working on this mod. :)

many greetings and a nice sunday

nx01frank

p.s.: kds, have you news about the model i gave you? i hope you like it.

Following you guys for a while.

If you guys need any help, I'm at your disposition.

A quicl question: What due you guys use to create your companions?

I'm trying to use NCCS mod to create my companions, but I would like them to be compatible with your guys's mod because, if my mod works out good, I would gladly pass it on to y'all. So how due y'all go about making NPCs? All manual or due you use a base model?

Just so you got some idea about my mod.

I'm trying to make each companion stand alone. As in, their body, uniform, weapons, etc (Meshes,Textures) each and all on their on. So each can be customized individually.

Ex: If I want Mr. Spock to have an IDIC symbol tattooed on his butt, I can. But the other Vulcans won't have to have it. Each character customizable.

Hope you understood me.

And hope you would like to count on me for any modding. I don't mind doing peon work as long as I know how to due it.

PS: Are you guys really working on space battles and all? Due the Fallout physics allow that?

Well, if you can't fly ships, I got some ideas on how to make some cool "travel ideas"

I don't want to give away my ideas here for any to see, but if you PM me I'll tell you.

Again I offer my services (even thou they are little) to your project.

Hope I hear for you and GREAT job getting together and trying to make this a reality.

JAJAJA I'm too ambitious.

If I were anywhere from mediocre to good, I would, for example, take two-thirds (2/3) of the NPCs in the game and make them aliens. That way I'd get my Star Trek border world were anything goes. It would fit well. It would look just like I imagened a Star Trek neurtal smuggler world would look like.

JAJAJa As I said TOO ambitious for my skills, or lack of.

Again GREAT work and hope to hear from you. Kirk out.

Update:

I got a Mr. Spock ingame.

But I got 2 problems.

1º is that his hair never shows up. Not even in GECK. I can "hair" other races, but not Spock's custom race. He is always "bald"

2º is that I used the NCCS male template and copied it, but Spock runs around talkin' crap and I think he just runs off.

If anyone's got a fix please due tell. I think the 2º problem I can fix playing with GECK, but I got no idea why he doesn't have hair. I don't know where I messed up.

I'm going to keep trying to fix him.

Once I get Spock all good and done, I will move on to more characters. I'm hoping to make every Startrek crew members from all Treks.

If I get good at this, I might make a mod where you can pick their uniform styles.

EDIT: Now after putting his uniform and phsaer in his inventory, my game crashes.

Don't know why. Since this really ain't the place to troubleshoot, I'll try some forums. I'll only keep trying here if you guys don't mind.

Edited by james1827

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of updates, been busy learning blender.

I believe I can now EDIT models to my hearts content now.

However creating them is still a bit out of my league.

So yeah I managed to make a rough edit of a human head to make a Bolian race head. So instead of just normal map trickery. We will soon have a custom model for them!

It still needs a bit more work. But seems like a simple job.

YAY for blender tutorials!

Edit. Oops seems there were messages I missed.

@Monos

Thankyou for the support! I hope you'll be able to add to this mod in anyway you can!

Also your english is quite good, I had no problems understanding it! :)

@Frank

I'm just awaiting replies from the authors now, they're great models.

I hope to use all of them! :D

@James

Thanks for the support to you also.

You seem to be diving headfirst into something interesting! :)

The ideas your forwarding could make good additions to the mod. However we've been discussing the TOS era and I'm uncertain there's any room for them :/

Unless someone can give the story a reason for TOS era people/ships then it'll be hard to bring them in. (Which sucks as the uniforms and weapons look so damn awesome! So someone please help!)

Edited by KDStudios

When it comes to "favourite Trek series", mine is the original series, so I shall be rather disappointed if that stuff is left out.

That said, a warp drive mishap is always good for shifting a starship through both space and time. The interphase phenomenon from the original episode "The Tholian Web" also works for moving a whole ship and crew across space/time bounderies, as well as through parallel universes. Near the end of the "Enterprise" series, there were two episodes that tied the "Tholian Web" and "Mirror Mirror" episodes together. In these episodes, ships from the Terran Empire were travelling to an area of space that the Tholians had detonated something called a "Tri-Cobalt" device. This detonation was powerful enough to rip a whole in the space/time/dimensional walls of reallity. They then began sending distress calls through the rip, hoping to trap and pull through an unfortunate vessle.

The Federation starship, USS Defiant went to investigate, and was trapped inside the phenomenon. The crew went insane from the effects of exposure to the anomaly, and killed each other rather brutally. The USS Enterprise was almost trapped as well when it arrived to assist the Defiant. Defiant eventually "fell through" the rip and was captured by the Tholians. It was then taken to a nearby research facility and slowly dismantled and reverse engineered. The Defiant was eventually found by the Terran ships and captured by a group commanded by Commander Archer (I don't think Archer was a Captain until he took command of Defiant).

So, something does exist in official Star Trek lore to allow for the chance of one of the Constitution class ships to somehow arrive in the Fallout universe, not neccessarily intact mind you.

I can try and work out the details on either idea if you folks would like. I have a Star Trek roleplaying game on hold right now, and I could brainstorm with my players over the weekend. I could give you a "new" ship (not one of the original 13) and some crew members. I also have a number of models done in Google Sketch Up from the TOS era that I could pass along if needed.