the witcher 2 -Transparent terrain textures!

I have a unique problem: terrain textures are tranparent! can't find any post related with this problem, i'm running in a geforce 7800gtx it's smooth on medium settings but i cant see de ground it's tranparent and sometimes with blue tiles…

Tried diferent combinations of all settings, updated drivers, no luck.

Any ideas?

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6797/quicksave640x360.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have a unique problem: terrain textures are tranparent! can't find any post related with this problem, i'm running in a geforce 7800gtx it's smooth on medium settings but i cant see de ground it's tranparent and sometimes with blue tiles…

Tried diferent combinations of all settings, updated drivers, no luck.

Any ideas?

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6797/quicksave640x360.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My best guess is that your video card isn`t up to snuff...being that it`s under recommended specs . The minimum recommended card is a 8800 GTX with 512 MB VRAM . You might be able to tweak some of the advanced video settings by disabling some of the settings . Also try to make sure your card isn`t overheating as well

• 3 weeks later...

kroXh I have the exact same problem. Weird thing is that I can crank all of the other settings up to maximum, screen blur, anisotropics everything, those all work fine so long as I restrict the resolution to 800x600, but the ground is the same as the sky. It's loosely playable but not the experience I had hoped for.

Standard advice is update your drivers and see if that cures it...but like you I've already done that. It won't be an overheat problem as it is the single easiest texture group to render...it is so annoying. Especially as I can't afford to buy a new card just for the sake of one game.

Edited by trog2006

What card are you using? I'm running on an old 8800 GTX 512 which is, I believe supposedly the absolute minimum, yet I'm able to run the game with most features running on medium/high settings, the only hiccup I get is the occasional load screen when moving through areas.

kroXh I have the exact same problem. Weird thing is that I can crank all of the other settings up to maximum, screen blur, anisotropics everything, those all work fine so long as I restrict the resolution to 800x600, but the ground is the same as the sky. It's loosely playable but not the experience I had hoped for.

Standard advice is update your drivers and see if that cures it...but like you I've already done that. It won't be an overheat problem as it is the single easiest texture group to render...it is so annoying. Especially as I can't afford to buy a new card just for the sake of one game.

You didn`t state what your card is so i can only guess...have you tried windowed mode ?

• 3 weeks later...