Nakedness in Skyrim

draconix

593 members have voted

1. 1. Nudity?

• Yay
    • Nay

Perusing over TESNexus, it doesn't take long to find that naked mods and boob enhancements can be found aplenty. There is not really a question of whether or not the market wants nudity in a TES game, as the answer at first glance appears to be a resounding "yes!" I'm not trying to say that Skyrim will or should have nudity built in, I'm almost certain that it will not until the modder's have their way with Skyrim. (Hey a pun! :D) But I guess what I'm getting at is, do you want nudity built into skyrim as a game setting, or would you rather have that kind of thing left totally in the realm of modding?

Nudity in games isn't really that new when you consider games like Custer's revenge, and it's slowly becomming more mainstream when you consider games like God of War and The Saboteur, the latter of which had a nudity patch sold as a bonus feature which cost 5 bucks or so if you didn't buy the game new.

Whats your opinion? Should Nudity be Vanilla, or nixed by BethSoft?

Edited by draconix

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because you will just get the fox new network style media frenzy and then games will be forced to be censored beyond reason/or banned and will hurt sales, + beth is crap at making bodies anyway :P

@micalov: I'm pretty sure we've already determined that Skyrim will be rated M based on blood and gore, so sales won't be hit really by decreasing their target market if that's what you were getting at. Additionally, it seems that games are only making waves for nudity when they are games that weren't supposed to have nudity, like Oblivion or San Andreas. Games that I mentioned above like God of War and The Saboteur didn't even raise an eyebrow. If anything, that could be an argument to put it in the game up-front.

@KusaLord: Inappropriate for who? It may be in bad taste in a professional environment, but that hasn't stopped nudity from being put into R-rated movies, and other forms of entertainment. There are also children in movies which contain nudity. Of course the children aren't nude, I'm just not seeing your line of logic...

I don't think it should be included, but I'm looking for an actual reason not charged by emotion. I think that including the option as a game setting that you would have to enable is a pretty good option for Skyrim to consider. That way the idea of love and sex isn't forced into the faces of people who are only here for blood and carnage. :-P

Edited by draconix

Even if Beth did include nudity, people would still mod it. So I say no! Beth doesn't need to worry about insignificant things like nudity and similar stuff, mods will do it better, Beth needs to work on everything that make it a TES game. Graphics, physics, and story and lore. They need to focus on the big picture then maybe if they have time include the fun Easter egg stuff. I would not care either way tho, nude or not, that is not the reason I play.

I'd rather see a setting that makes everyone ugly.

Ok, not really, but seeing the amount of those types of mods being made is a little disturbing. Not everyone I encounter is beautiful, and not everyone's definition of "beauty" is the same. So I don't think it should be implemented in the actual game, itself.

In defense of the mods, though, the game is not real life, and is, in fact, fantasy. So why not have everyone be "beautiful"? I guess live and let live--leave it up to the person who is creating the mod to determine how the people look.

Oops. Didn't mean to get all philosophical. I vote "Nay". :tongue:

Modders do take care of it pretty quickly, but what of the poor console gamers out there that want some nudity in their games?

I also agree that people shouldn't all be beautiful and have bombshell bodies, which is another reason it should probably be taken care of by beth-soft. Bethesda would probably approach the issue with realism in mind. Not everybody needs to have a bombshell body, or the same body for that matter... Something that Beth would probably be better at implementing than a modder. I think that if beth added an inch more of support for this, the modding community could really take their mods quality a mile further.

That said, I don't think that nudity really "fits" with my perception of The Elder Scrolls, and then again it does... The Naked Nord for instance who had his clothes stolen wasn't actually naked since he had boxers on or something similar, though the joke was there that he was actually stark nude which does fit with Bethsoft... There were dancers that stripped to their "underwear" in game, and in Fallout, raped women were found in their underwear as well to imply nudity... So Bethesda seems to acknowledge the existence of nudity in their games without actually presenting it... Then again to my knowledge they've never outright included nudity in a game and because of that it seems less beth-like.

Also, how much has fox news been jabbing at The Witcher 2 lately for it's adult content? It's really a non-issue at this point as far as I can tell. It's just a matter of whether or not the inclusion of nudity would exclude people from their market... I'd hesitate to say that it would.

@KusaLord: Inappropriate for who? It may be in bad taste in a professional environment, but that hasn't stopped nudity from being put into R-rated movies, and other forms of entertainment. There are also children in movies which contain nudity. Of course the children aren't nude, I'm just not seeing your line of logic...

I was referring to a professional environment, as I stated in my post. I am simply concerned about the implications, most likely unintentional, that could result of having nudity in a world containing children. I also understand that Bethesda has strict standards concerning child abuse in their games one of M'aiq's jokes reflects this Something "being acceptable" is not a way to justify an action because acceptability varies from one group of people to another and is not taking responsibility for your actions. I do not believe in censoring nudity in art, but it walks a dangerous line when it has potential abusive or be in poor taste.

Edit: Sorry about that Let's not... thanks. be happy I didn't read this as a comment for pedophilia :sick: . Might want to word your demands for proof a bit better in the future.

- Vagrant0

@ hector530: nice one.

Edited by Guest