Nakedness in Skyrim

draconix

593 members have voted

1. 1. Nudity?

• Yay
    • Nay

LOL! As i said in a different topic, I spent two hours trying to make a decent character. He looks like he climbed out of a dumpster. I am not impressed with the bodies in this game, very disappointing in fact. Making a younger warrior is not possible as far as I can determine so far. I'm stuck with a 40-ish looking warrior. I took the clothes off to look at the avatar, and he looks terrible. This is one time I'm grateful for some armor :biggrin: The hands are not that great, and the feet are the silliest things I ever saw, a 'boot' shape with a foot texture. I am appreciating Witcher 2 much more now...LOL.

Anyway, I (and many others I'm sure) will be waiting for some body mods. :thumbsup:

I don't see any problem with the body textures or looks at all, its done rather well in my opinion. I think Bethesda were striving to have a certain look, but I do agree not being able to change the age settings among other things is annoying, but the overal textures, even the dirt looks great...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take: If you want to stare at a 3D model of a naked woman, that is entirely your prerogative. It's up to the designers to put naughty bits in. But if naked females are in, so must naked males be as well.

this. +1 :thumbsup: i'm all for gender equality,If women can run around in the buff then so can the men.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

Although I do still miss the naked nymphs and the topless prositutes from Daggerfall my vote would be to keep nudity to realm of the mods. That way if you want it, you can add it the way you want it. My selection would be adult female butt naked. Adult male down to their skivvies and leave the children fully clothed.

It's amazing how vocal the no voters were in this thread. If I didn't see the poll, I would have thought almost everyone didn't want nudity.

Arguments against.

Fox news, Bethesda sucks, mods are better, you're perverts, I hate sex and nudity, someone please think of the children and you're stupid.

Arguments for.

Screw censorship, no worse than violence, better base character model, Daggerfall had nudity, nudity is natural, TES ain't a babysitter, and you are stupid.

It's all moot now of course. There's no nudity again without mods. Thankfully they pop up fast. It's like seeing a launch day patch.

My take: If you want to stare at a 3D model of a naked woman, that is entirely your prerogative. It's up to the designers to put naughty bits in. But if naked females are in, so must naked males be as well.

Agreed. Bring on the full frontal nudity! :dance:

.... I hate sex and nudity...

If someone hates sex then they either haven't had any(virgins) or they are bad at it, not to mention if people find nudity offensive it can be because of bad self-image.

Arguments for.

Screw censorship, no worse than violence, better base character model, Daggerfall had nudity, nudity is natural, TES ain't a babysitter, and you are stupid.

I know they had nudity in Dagerfall, and I played it as a child(legally speaking)..I wasn't horribly warped by it like many censorship "family" groups would have you believe.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

I voted Yes.

Call the game "fantasy" all you want, but TES has always tried to achieve a high quality of realism in the world and models. Daggerfall included partial nudity (topless female models) out of the box so this isn't some groundbreaking suggestion. The presence of nudity in realistic, and the modding community has shown it's completely viable to include it with little more effort than they would put into making "nude" models with underwear.

It's my belief that Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim would have all had nudity without question if not for silly cultural aversions to the naked form. Cultural aversion should never get in the road when beauty and realism is sought in any art form--and yes, art is a key component of games. Belittle games as you wish, but for many they're as much an artistic outlet as sculpture and painting.

That said, I don't need silly super-armor that protects a woman while barely covering her. I don't want to see skin for the sake of seeing skin. I want the experience to be thorough, and that includes there being skin under the clothing. For women and men both.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! As i said in a different topic, I spent two hours trying to make a decent character. He looks like he climbed out of a dumpster. I am not impressed with the bodies in this game, very disappointing in fact. Making a younger warrior is not possible as far as I can determine so far. I'm stuck with a 40-ish looking warrior. I took the clothes off to look at the avatar, and he looks terrible. This is one time I'm grateful for some armor :biggrin: The hands are not that great, and the feet are the silliest things I ever saw, a 'boot' shape with a foot texture. I am appreciating Witcher 2 much more now...LOL.

Anyway, I (and many others I'm sure) will be waiting for some body mods. :thumbsup:

thats just the limitation of gaming hardware, games have to be rendered in real time, they pretty it up with nice high res textures, and try to put as many polygons as they can but in the end they still have to make some sacrifice. they game looks amazing, from the characters to the sky, to the lighting to the environment.

don't be so picky.

but yes a little more freedom in age choice would be good, personally i love my character and he's almost the default nord, I changed his hair and eye color and added facial hair but thats it.

I don't understand (I actualy do, but I need an introduction, lol) why there's so much hype around this with every game. My point is, even if you like them or not, there will still be nude mods, there will still be boob or what ever other related mods, becouse many people actualy enjoy this stuff. As long as they respect the rules or are within the rules of this site(no nasty stuff with children...that's just bad), who cares? Let modders make what they enjoy and we'll just pick up those fruits of their creation we like, be it nude mods or super incredible immersion mods(in my case). Yeah...

Cheers and beers,

Pushkatu

Edited by Pushkatu