Nakedness in Skyrim

draconix

593 members have voted

1. 1. Nudity?

• Yay
    • Nay

No because you will just get the fox new network style media frenzy and then games will be forced to be censored beyond reason/or banned and will hurt sales, + beth is crap at making bodies anyway :P

This...

Should I even remind you of the perma-undies from NWN2... They were less revealing than many of the armors... Neck to ankle wool body suits that even an Amish preacher would find excessive. All because there was nudity outrage before release.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I don't think that nudity really "fits" with my perception of The Elder Scrolls, and then again it does...

I think it would fit if they did it sparingly. I feel like TES universe has a bit of a Greco-Roman flavor to it, and I think that nudity would be accepted in a game based in Greek or Roman times since they were so focused on the human body in their art and science. But I also feel like TES is more medieval/renaissance when they were more modest with their depiction of human form.

Maybe I'm just geeking out on art-history.

But I also feel like TES is more medieval/renaissance when they were more modest with their depiction of human form.

Maybe I'm just geeking out on art-history.

REALLY? Ever seen what Michelangelo painted on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel (during the Renaissance era)?

I say let the modders handle the nudity, for which I am all in favour but ONLY for the adult toons. Really naked Nords would be kind of funny...especially in that cold weather. But then I come from a part of England where it was once traditional for both men and women to race naked on certain high days and holidays. Sadly now abolished.

I am not one for permanent undies. In fact, I hate the accursed things because the Bethesda ones are freaking UGLY. I would prefer not to see what looks like toilet rags passed off as "underwear", and I'd also rather not see Fallout 3's awful undies again--they look like something an extremely body-phobic prude would wear. Something like the modded Oblivion undies done for Exnem's and Robert's bodies would be nicer, IMO--no diapers or used toilet rags!

However, I would rather the nude patches were left to modders, rather than the game come with anatomically-correct Barbie and Ken figures. Or, knowing a fair few game companies, Barbies with the males as strictly an afterthought...ugh. My reason for that is because it's more annoying to me, and I'm sure to anybody else who sympathises with the female gamers (and guys who don't like looking at Barbie figures), to see Dead or Alive-style boob physics and basically an explosion of jugs, than it would be to have to deal with rubbish undies for a few months while people make a nude patch.

Of course, I prefer to get a normal, natural, nude and anatomically correct figures (ideally built on the basis of Robert's body).

But I understand that Bethesda has to take into account the stupid and prudish rules of various agencies - and local laws. Business is business - and if wants to sell their product, shall be subordinate to local rules. Unfortunately.

Even body with permanent underwear should be natural and anatomically correct.

But Important than the "naked body" or a "body with permanent underwear" is skeleton with sufficient options settings. I consider it important to have an easy way to change the proportions and body shape - in order to easily create a different body - slim or thick/fat, muscular or sinewy - or humped. Not just for "pure aesthetics", but also to create an humped old witch, a pretty girl, a grown woman, as well as mighty, brawny warrior, muscular blacksmith, fat shopkeeper, slim bard or hungry beggar. And when it will work on breasts, the better.

I did not cast a vote, mostly because I particularly care little about nudity. Much of the armor downloads on this site are the equivalent of about 2 band-aids worth a fabric, and a great many people find it rather jolly to parade a female character around in nothing more then dental floss and personality.

My take: If you want to stare at a 3D model of a naked woman, that is entirely your prerogative. It's up to the designers to put naughty bits in. But if naked females are in, so must naked males be as well.

Edited by TPA5

No, because even if nudity was in the game, it wouldn't be a big feature for me.It wouldn't be something that makes the game for me, it would just be something that I don't really care about, I'm personally more focused on the level-scaling and the combat and the world design and whether all of these will be better than it was in Oblivion.If nudity is included in the game, it should be entirely optional for people like me who want to play the game in front of their siblings' kids or for others who don't want to see it period.Personally though, I think this conversation isn't going to go very far, if Bethesda is worried about the controversy of being able to set children on fire and plant axes in them then they certainly wouldn't want the controversy that comes with nudity in a game.