NCR - BoS Alliance is a sham

LegionIX

First off, this is my first time running an NCR character. So the following is totally new to me.

I don't get how the Alliance between the two works really. In my mind, if there's an alliance between two different parties, then they co-exist for the duration of the alliance, am I correct? Which means, or should mean if you wear either faction armor at the Dam, you should be fine am I correct? Nope, apparently, I am wrong.

If you wear NCR armor, your ok, but the moment you place BoS armor on, your toast! And don't expect the BoS Paladin Todd to help you, nope. He will attack you also. I mean wtf?!?!

I agree. But I just had to give that side a run and personally, I just couldn't enjoy the game. I have since given up on this run through. It just didn't feel right. It was like trying to convince yourself that a pile of excrement was a bowl of soup. I couldn't get past the stench. It was still a pile of excrement.

The NCR strategy is to just get the BoS off their back for the duration of the battle against Caesar, but it's pretty obvious that when they are safe they'll turn around on that. It's kind of similar to the Treaty of New Vegas. It was a treaty of convenience for both parties, but both parties (NCR and House) are scheming and biding their time, each planning to ultimately take over the Mojave.

Well if you look at the lore of the BoS it makes sense. You are not part of the brotherhood. You do not deserve to wear their colors. As such themselves and their allies will kill you for dishonouring them.

It makes sense in the way that they're using each other, The NCR wants the BoS off their back, and the BoS want to show they're still a powerful force in the region. As its been said, it wont last, and its likely they'll turn on each other.