NCR - BoS Alliance is a sham

LegionIX

NCR and brotherhood have non-compatible views. like russia and america did. but guess what? bring hitler alone who wants to conquer both, and bam! you got temporary allies.

I have played through for NCR, house, and myself. and I usually kill the BOS after they slaughter the followers, of which I usually am a member.

NCR and brotherhood have non-compatible views. like russia and america did. but guess what? bring hitler alone who wants to conquer both, and bam! you got temporary allies.

I have played through for NCR, house, and myself. and I usually kill the BOS after they slaughter the followers, of which I usually am a member.

Its a bit different.

Imagine russia being at war with the USA, and the USA coming close to completely destroying russia. Russian is pretty much gone and has lost all of its power.

Then hitler pops up, and tries to conquer both.

The NCR does not benefit from helping the brotherhood.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a bit different.

Imagine russia being at war with the USA, and the USA coming close to completely destroying russia. Russian is pretty much gone and has lost all of its power.

Then hitler pops up, and tries to conquer both.

The NCR does not benefit from helping the brotherhood.

Precisely. The BoS is barely stronger than the Enclave right now... Veronica/Macnamara's whole speil about "put past differences aside" is born of necessity.

They recognize that the BoS simly cannot afford to fight against anyone anymore. If they want to survive, they need to stop antagonizing people, and if they want to grow again, then they need to ally with someone. The NCR, in turn, can't afford to fight the BoS right now- as with the Kahns, "we'd win in the end, but they'd bleed us bad" adn given how thinly stretched they are already, they can't afford to fight anyone else.

So mutually assured destruction if they fight, mutual survival if they ally. Makes perfect sense, though I find it odd that the boS isn't capable of allying with Independent New Vegas and/or House. House is quite a pragmatic realist, and he'd love to have the BoS support. And of course, the Independent New Vegas would side with whomever the Player wanted to ally with.

For the record, Caesar's an idealistic tyrant, and his legates are pure evil. "Caesar thinks he can change human nature, but he's wrong. His men follow Caesar, not Caesar's ideals." This is shown most clearly in the endings. Caesar as dictator gives "honorable" NCR generals a quick and merciful death, but the Legate crucifies the lot of them and slaughters everyone in New Vegas just for kicks...

I never side with the Legion. Caesar's too zealous in his anti-technology militaristic preachiness, and his commanders are rabid dogs.